BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Just now, Billjames7 said:

Just watched Pulp on iplayer, would love to see them there again at some point although I know Jarv Is was on the line up this year so pulp could be a few years away. Just seen that Disco 2000 made its live debut in their 95 glasto headline set

Jarvis pretty much ruled out any hopes of a reformation not long ago unfortunately, saying he thought their last reunion was the perfect send off and he sees no point in doing it again. I didn’t get a ticket for 2011 and missing that secret Park set is always gonna stick with me as the biggest loss from that. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Jarvis pretty much ruled out any hopes of a reformation not long ago unfortunately, saying he thought their last reunion was the perfect send off and he sees no point in doing it again. I didn’t get a ticket for 2011 and missing that secret Park set is always gonna stick with me as the biggest loss from that. 

Ah I didn’t know that! Gutting, one of the bands I love but have never managed to see live 

1 minute ago, Billjames7 said:

Ah I didn’t know that! Gutting, one of the bands I love but have never managed to see live 

Snap. Would love to have seen them live. I was a very broke student during the Britpop years so loved the music but couldn't afford Glastonbury or gigs as none really came to our Uni town. 

20 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Ah, no worries. Just wondered if I was being a numpty and not finding the right link!  Yeah there's some good snippets on each of the pages. More to grab!

Never know, maybe theyll fix them if they get enough complaints. Just glad i dont have a data cap on internet bandwidth or im sure i wouldve gotten throttled by now from getting 200gb in 48 hours. 

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It's just occurred to me that I've never been at a Pulp or Jarvis set. Now that's a major oversight. How many times have they/he played there?

Im thinking three times - I think he may have played before the '95 substitute slot.

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Im thinking three times - I think he may have played before the '95 substitute slot.

I was thinking at least three. I've got the same thing going on with Elbow. Think I've missed them at least three times due to shifts and clashes.

Edited by MrZigster

19 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

It's just occurred to me that I've never been at a Pulp or Jarvis set. Now that's a major oversight. How many times have they/he played there?

Pulp 4 times at least, 94, 95, 98, 11 and Jarvis solo once I think.  And many times DJing in the Park. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Lovely stuff. 

Whats the occasion Joey?

My mate had us all round at his farm. This was taken near the TV/ sound system hence the ear defenders. 

5 months old and in to cider, God knows where she gets it from 🤥

Edited by JoeyT
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry if it's been discussed, but has anyone noticed varying audio quality between sets on iPlayer? Watched Lorde last night and it was grand, but just stuck Nick Cave (2013) on and it seems a lot quieter, even with volume maxed out. 

Funnily enough I've watched both this afternoon and completely agree. Cave seemed really quiet to me.

Now watching Orbital 2010. So glorious, the joy radiating off the crowd in this set. What a year, what a closer.

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Did they say when??

in this show that ends at 9.30 .... they start the links from the back of the field ...and move towards the pyramid .. so I would guess after 9 if they stick with similar to last night 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1