BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

I'm a few burrows in, but I actually think Lorde is 2 huge hits away from headlining the pointy fucker. I've been behind her subbing next year if she's around, but maybe holding off a bit and headlining the whole thing is the way to go. Let's hope the new record is the shit and she's there.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm sure you'll love to see Adele absolutely smash it.

I loved seeing her smash it the first time round. Can’t wait for the heady combination of great songs beautifully performed, her genuine love of being there and some of the worst language the Pyramid has ever seen!

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Very much looking forward to revisiting Adele later.

Loved the set at the time, still do, but never been able to watch it back. Two days after getting home from G16 we found out Mrs J had suffered a miscarriage. We never watched the 16 footage back as it felt tainted. Four years and two kids later we feel ready to enjoy it again.

I'm sure it'll be emotional but hope you can enjoy reliving it. We didn't watch her but have watched it since and I kind of wish we had gone because she was having a ball. 

35 minutes ago, ogriff said:

The video quality on the Arcade Fire set was awful for me. Might have been my connection, but not a problem for any of the others so far...

I can tell you that they didnt check the video they uploaded onto the website. Its only  1.4 gb from downloading it. The headline sets have been in the 3 - 4 gb range file size wise. If you want there is a great quality version floating around if you wanted it. Lana, Metallica and Lorde are some others that are low quality.

kasabian 2014 is on iplayer. If you check the individual year mini sites for a glasto year theres extra content thats not visibile on the main one. Theres going to be a 2011 highlights program tonight.

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Didn't realise how late she went on. This strikes me as a European deal where Lorde headlined and Lazer just "closed"

I can confirm. Then she went on to headline All Points East the next year where The xx closed. 👍 Next time she plays she may have several artists closing after her but it's still early on that one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

kasabian 2014 is on iplayer. If you check the individual year mini sites for a glasto year theres extra content thats not visibile on the main one. Theres going to be a 2011 highlights program tonight.

How do you get to the mini sites for the individual years? I'm only seeing the categories put up for this week.

24 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm a few burrows in, but I actually think Lorde is 2 huge hits away from headlining the pointy fucker. I've been behind her subbing next year if she's around, but maybe holding off a bit and headlining the whole thing is the way to go. Let's hope the new record is the shit and she's there.

Loads of people could headline if they get two big enough hits. It's getting them that's the problem.

4 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

How do you get to the mini sites for the individual years? I'm only seeing the categories put up for this week.

I was googling bbc sounds to find the audio stuff and got taken to the link below. Then theres a big list of all their categories, which includes respective years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/search?q=Glastonbury&page=1

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

😨😱 No way I tried to convince my husband that Arcade Fire were amazing for years. He really wasn't that fussed but agreed to watch them and is now a bigger fan than me. They were brilliant. Probably one of the Glastonbury sets I've heard the most mainly because my husband tends to get teenage girl type obsessions and wasn't happy with just watching it and so ripped the audio as well and played it over and over. They were a fantastic headliner and probably one of my nicest Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headliner experiences.

Did the phone footage ever emerge from the phone that Win borrowed during reflektor? 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I was googling bbc sounds to find the audio stuff and got taken to the link below. Then theres a big list of all their categories, which includes respective years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/search?q=Glastonbury&page=1

Thanks. Although when I click through on Kasabian on the 2014 page it routes through to the same PID from the current page (p021gc30), which is the SD version.

Are you getting HD modes for that PID?

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can confirm. Then she went on to headline All Points East the next year where The xx closed. 👍 Next time she plays she may have several artists closing after her but it's still early on that one.

Utterly agreed. Wish I'd been at the APE show.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Loads of people could headline if they get two big enough hits. It's getting them that's the problem.

Agreed. I think Lorde has it well in her though. She strikes me as someone where the best is yet to come. I was actually surprised when rewatching this how many of her tunes are massive hits. They're songs I love, but didn't appreciate how big they were. Maybe she actually needs one more hit, which I'm sure the next record will have.

Edited by jparx

2 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Thanks. Although when I click through on Kasabian on the 2014 page it routes through to the same PID from the current page (p021gc30), which is the SD version.

Are you getting HD modes for that PID?

No, but just from having gone through the above link I found some random stuff that hadnt populated onto the main PID yet. 

this is gonna be a fun one later.

14 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

It's a bugger. My machine kept dropping the connection I struggled to find a way back. There's this for individual artists:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evrj6q/artists/by/a-z

• Upvote 1

Just now, Suprefan said:

No, but just from having gone through the above link I found some random stuff that hadnt populated onto the main PID yet. 

Ah, no worries. Just wondered if I was being a numpty and not finding the right link!  Yeah there's some good snippets on each of the pages. More to grab!

Just watched Pulp on iplayer, would love to see them there again at some point although I know Jarv Is was on the line up this year so pulp could be a few years away. Just seen that Disco 2000 made its live debut in their 95 glasto headline set