BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry if it's been discussed, but has anyone noticed varying audio quality between sets on iPlayer? Watched Lorde last night and it was grand, but just stuck Nick Cave (2013) on and it seems a lot quieter, even with volume maxed out. 

Yeah, seems they compressed the audio on older sets. 

49 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Watching the 1975 Glasto set and can see why people would say they aren't headliners based on it. All I'd say is watch their Reading headliner set, it's a billion times better.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye. I'm not a fan but that's certainly demonstrates their headline credentials.

It was unbelievable- I'm not a big fan and used to say they aren't a headliner, but that's one of the best headline shows I've been to 

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Should have headlined instead of Arcade Fire in my opinion.

I think they were at best in 2011, 2013 wasn’t quite on same level. Perhaps it was 2011 weather had been shit most of Friday through Saturday and this was first time sunshine came out for a while, it just was perfect for the moment 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Mrs P tried to shove it into the ditch but he's bolted it to the post 😕

I did see it the other day and was going to report it as a stolen AA sign with an offensive message. Then I remembered that Avon and Somerset police are fecking useless and nothing would happen.

The guy is a bell end who is convinced the he should be making money from the festival and is pissed that he isn't. 

39 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, seems they compressed the audio on older sets. 

The video quality on the Arcade Fire set was awful for me. Might have been my connection, but not a problem for any of the others so far...

1 minute ago, ogriff said:

The video quality on the Arcade Fire set was awful for me. Might have been my connection, but not a problem for any of the others so far...

Metallica, Arcade Fire and Disclosure are all standard definition rather than 720p HD like the others, for some reason only known to the BBC.

ArcadeFireTube on twitter has posted an excellent copy of the AF set so it'd be worth grabbing that.

1 minute ago, MoilyX said:

Metallica, Arcade Fire and Disclosure are all standard definition rather than 720p HD like the others, for some reason only known to the BBC.

ArcadeFireTube on twitter has posted an excellent copy of the AF set so it'd be worth grabbing that.

Add Kasabian's headline set to the standard definition rather than 720p HD group

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Should have headlined instead of Arcade Fire in my opinion.

😨😱 No way I tried to convince my husband that Arcade Fire were amazing for years. He really wasn't that fussed but agreed to watch them and is now a bigger fan than me. They were brilliant. Probably one of the Glastonbury sets I've heard the most mainly because my husband tends to get teenage girl type obsessions and wasn't happy with just watching it and so ripped the audio as well and played it over and over. They were a fantastic headliner and probably one of my nicest Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headliner experiences.

Very much looking forward to revisiting Adele later.

Loved the set at the time, still do, but never been able to watch it back. Two days after getting home from G16 we found out Mrs J had suffered a miscarriage. We never watched the 16 footage back as it felt tainted. Four years and two kids later we feel ready to enjoy it again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2