BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wouldn’t they have mentioned the Stones last night when Jo and Mark were introducing the footage?

”Here is some never seen before footage now... and you’ll be able to watch the whole thing tomorrow!”

Yep - I'm talking out my arse! 

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Great point - I remember my mate in 2000 texting “I’ve just seen this band called Cold Play (sic) - really good”...

Waiting for the first eFests scamp to reply to this with “Watching Coldplay will make you sick!” 😂

11 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Just watched the 2019 highlights show from last night and it was like I was at a different festival - which is the joy of Glastonbury, 150,000? people having 150,000 different festival experiences. 

The only featured sets that I saw were Idles and The Cure (and I only saw the 2nd half of The Cure from right at the back). The only things I felt I'd missed out on were Comet is Coming because I went to Lauryn Hill - still pissed about that - and Chems because I was at Hot Chip - but you can't be in two places at once.

That’s the amazing thing and also bad thing about Glastonbury, you could replay the same festival over and over and have a 1000 different Glastonbury’s. All completely different and all amazing, yet you just get the one shot at it.

I remember after my first Glastonbury I was mega depressed for a while, just going out on normal nights out to the pub etc, seemed so frustrating Glastonbury appears for one week with almost infinite possibilities but you can only do it the once, seemed such a waste.

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Here’s hoping.

That 2004 set was from my first ever Glastonbury, would love to see it again.

Same! IIRC there's a split second view of the top of my head in there too. I was about 2 from the front, the flames during Live & Let Die kept steaming up my specs 😂

40 minutes ago, jparx said:

Seems an odd choice. Wonder if they've kept it back on purpose because they have him for next year already? Not sure what the reasoning would be exactly, but it does seem like a glaring omission. Or maybe they don't have and don't want to fuel speculation?

In fairness if there's even the chance of him playing next year I wouldn't put 2004 on the BBC. Maybe Hey Jude and a couple of other tracks but not the whole set. 

For a start it won't be much different - similar songs in a different order, and in reality 17 years later isn't exactly going to be better. Fine for those of us who didnt go to 2004, but most people won't go back and watch it without being prompted which is how it should probably stay. I dont think there would be favourable comparisons if "normal" Glastonbury goers watched a chunk of 2004 this year. 

Everyone I know reckons "his voice is gone he should've retired" (has it?) - that was the reaction of my whole group to the announcement. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Loved watching that. Was one of our must sees. Admittedly with 50 others!  Their drummer has the best hair in the band ! 

Fab aren't they! As is that hair!

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ah, they played never seen footage from the Stones last night in the clip show. I'm guessing they'll do the same for Bruce over the weekend.

I bet there's loads of footage from Bruce's set that never made the TV.  Hours and hours and hours of it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ah, they played never seen footage from the Stones last night in the clip show. I'm guessing they'll do the same for Bruce over the weekend.

Pretty sure it's been confirmed somewhere that Bruce is on tonights live show.

3 hours ago, ghandi said:

I'm just watching Elbows 2011 Pyramid set. I have always loved them from very early on ,met Guy Garvey in the toilets at the Apple store in Regents st when they had just released SSK 😁. I was at this somewhere by the sound stage,  texting my brother who was listening by our tent in Kidney Mead, to come down, he was not a fan then, got converted by One day like this at the end and by then it was too late 🤣. But really shouldn't this band now be headlining, and before we get the naysayers, they have a tremendous back catalogue now with one if the best front men I'm the business and would put on a great show as a Sunday Pyramid headliner. It's a mystery to me why the haven't. 

Should have headlined instead of Arcade Fire in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Watching the 1975 Glasto set and can see why people would say they aren't headliners based on it. All I'd say is watch their Reading headliner set, it's a billion times better.

Aye. I'm not a fan but that's certainly demonstrates their headline credentials.