BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

If I had a time machine I’d be off to NME Stage to see that, plus Blur... Radiohead... Pulp... Spiritualised...on that same stage, on the same day!

That run does look incredibly strong, but these future headliners all got a lot better. Radiohead in particular hadn't written most of their best songs.

Actually, nor had Blur, or Pulp!

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That run does look incredibly strong, but these future headliners all got a lot better. Radiohead in particular hadn't written most of their best songs.

And if you spent all Sunday at the Other Stage in 1994 sampling early Britpop you'd also miss Johnny Cash.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given that Macca was booked for this year it’s a real shame there’s been no footage from his last go.

Seems an odd choice. Wonder if they've kept it back on purpose because they have him for next year already? Not sure what the reasoning would be exactly, but it does seem like a glaring omission. Or maybe they don't have and don't want to fuel speculation?

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Seems an odd choice. Wonder if they've kept it back on purpose because they have him for next year already? Not sure what the reasoning would be exactly, but it does seem like a glaring omission. Or maybe they don't have and don't want to fuel speculation?

He has to be one of the "special guests", surely?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He has to be one of the "special guests", surely?

I thought I saw somewhere it was Metallica, Stones and Bruce? Might be well off though! Be cool if he's the special guest tomorrow with a confirmation for 2021 😉

32 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the girl who did an acoustic set last night in the morning field. Cheers 

She was really good it was nice to see farm looking so good . I'd love them to go round and point out where everything is . I know they showed bits but it would be good to see whole site 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I thought I saw somewhere it was Metallica, Stones and Bruce? Might be well off though! Be cool if he's the special guest tomorrow with a confirmation for 2021 😉

If you can remember where you saw that, I'd be interested for secret Glasto. If we have confirmed names, I'll tweet them out.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you can remember where you saw that, I'd be interested for secret Glasto. If we have confirmed names, I'll tweet them out.

I suspect I've got mixed up somewhere and read a prediction as confirmation - you're following this much more than me so I'm sure you'd know before me! 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Wouldn’t they have mentioned the Stones last night when Jo and Mark were introducing the footage?

”Here is some never seen before footage now... and you’ll be able to watch the whole thing tomorrow!”

Just watched the 2019 highlights show from last night and it was like I was at a different festival - which is the joy of Glastonbury, 150,000? people having 150,000 different festival experiences. 

The only featured sets that I saw were Idles and The Cure (and I only saw the 2nd half of The Cure from right at the back). The only things I felt I'd missed out on were Comet is Coming because I went to Lauryn Hill - still pissed about that - and Chems because I was at Hot Chip - but you can't be in two places at once.

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Very true of course, and Oasis hasn’t released Definitely Maybe.

Nonetheless, incredible to have them all on one day! 

46 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

My first was '95. I feel very similar. Isn't hindsight wonderful etc....

Makes you wonder what future musical behemoths we've possibly wandered past and ignored during the last couple of festivals.

Great point - I remember my mate in 2000 texting “I’ve just seen this band called Cold Play (sic) - really good”...