BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

So glad it looks like they’re back next year

Fantastic, I didn't get tickets in 2017 so missed out on seeing them then.

Edit: Although I still don't have tickets for next year yet.

Edited by Simsy

Thanks was so good! Love HAIM. I always go to see them at the festival. That set had me dancing around my living room and shouting "HEY!" with the band and audience during the multi drum finale. Loved it!

26 minutes ago, sime said:

Thanks was so good! Love HAIM. I always go to see them at the festival. That set had me dancing around my living room and shouting "HEY!" with the band and audience during the multi drum finale. Loved it!

Loved watching that. Was one of our must sees. Admittedly with 50 others!  Their drummer has the best hair in the band ! 

10 hours ago, Flying_Hellfish said:

OK. watching the Chems set and I am actually brought to tears.

Not only a great set, but the interaction of the crowd. Hugging, bouncing... even chatting to each other at close proximity.

I remember I had excess glow-sticks so was handing them out to revellers, families and youngsters. So far from the current situation 😥

For me the chems set in 2011 was their best. Kinda gutted it’s omitted from this weekends highlight reel.

Also no Portishead is a disappointing unless I’ve missed them off the schedules 

6 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Nice surprise seeing Janelle Monae's 2011 set on now, thought it would be last year's

Both great sets. I think I only knew tightrope at the time, but we went along to this after Pulp's secret set on the Park. Amazing evening, classic Glasto 🥰

13 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I was just gonna say this, when I saw them they did like 5 cover songs. Infact their last big gig at Fenway Park they did 6.

Beyonce did like 3? Prince/KOL/At Last (which she sang in a film so I wouldn't personally count this) 

The Prince one was great cos I don't reckon alot would know it.. Think he won an award for that song.. Did you go to fenway.. If so fair play...on the PJ covers they are on stage for 2plus hours.. Not sure how long Beyonce was on tbf.. And no I don't like her music but she does do a high octane show.. 

And one ton baby I won't give it a rest.. Chill out old son.. Day 2 of glastonbury.. I hope your on the cider.. Ti's fucking glastonbury.. Chiillllll out 

I'm just watching Elbows 2011 Pyramid set. I have always loved them from very early on ,met Guy Garvey in the toilets at the Apple store in Regents st when they had just released SSK 😁. I was at this somewhere by the sound stage,  texting my brother who was listening by our tent in Kidney Mead, to come down, he was not a fan then, got converted by One day like this at the end and by then it was too late 🤣. But really shouldn't this band now be headlining, and before we get the naysayers, they have a tremendous back catalogue now with one if the best front men I'm the business and would put on a great show as a Sunday Pyramid headliner. It's a mystery to me why the haven't. 

Edited by ghandi
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

If I had a time machine I’d be off to NME Stage to see that, plus Blur... Radiohead... Pulp... Spiritualised...on that same stage, on the same day!

My first was '95. I feel very similar. Isn't hindsight wonderful etc....

Makes you wonder what future musical behemoths we've possibly wandered past and ignored during the last couple of festivals.