BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Who's this on 4 now? Really hate this tune. It's like they've got Cartman on lead vocals. Plus the beeb playing it between every show on some plug recently made me hate it even more.

"Everybody, move your feet and (unintelligible lyrics)".

Whilst I'm at it, switching between iPlayer and BBCs 2 & 4, I really appreciate the subtitles option on 2 & 4 when watching music these days. If you've not heard a song before they can be a godsend.

Imagine if you weren't familiar with an Elton John song? (One of the worst enunciaters in music imo. Did you see that I'm Still Standing he did from home recently?).

And as I type (I stopped typing) Jay-Z's 99 Problems is playing and is a case in point. (Wasn't at and haven't seen that set either (apart from the NG mocking opening bit). Dropping AC/DC's Back In Black riff into that tune (which I always dug anyway) was inspired. 

And the volume on iPlayer is still way too low isn't it?

Edit : It's iPlayer that could do with subtitles is what I'm getting at.

Edited by MrZigster

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Lewis Capaldi famously did a great job of carrying the fuck you Noel torch last year.

Arguably he did a better job of it too.  Jay-Z is a fantastic performer who can really deliver live, but I thought it was a bit embarrassing.

Noel Gallagher: I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong.

Also Noel Gallagher: The music? Who gives a shit about the music. No one I know. Who’s headlining? Who cares? No one I know.

Changed his mind or ret-conning his way to the right side of history?

Just now, Simsy said:

Also Noel Gallagher: The music? Who gives a shit about the music. No one I know. Who’s headlining? Who cares? No one I know.

Noel Gallagher; talks about everything, all the time.  Gets headlines. 

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Or he’s just a w*nker and becoming some sort of cringey dad artist the older he gets.

Just now, Spindles said:

Arguably he did a better job of it too.  Jay-Z is a fantastic performer who can really deliver live, but I thought it was a bit embarrassing.

I think it works better with Capaldi's whole shtick, it'd be pretty boring if every artist Noel had a shot at in an interview did it though. The Jay-Z one was a great way of brushing some pretty big statements off his shoulder though and breaking down a wall that made the festival better. I agree watching them back the Capaldi one is funnier but as a moment the Jay-Z one is still massive. For me.

This set is not doing it for me at all but I barely know any of JayZ stuff

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Who's this on 4 now? Really hate this tune. It's like they've got Cartman on lead vocals. Plus the beeb playing it between every show on some plug recently made me hate it even more.

"Everybody, move your feet and (unintelligible lyrics)".

Also this is an absolute classic by the legendary Junior Senior...

Giving the Backstage acoustic sets a go on iplayer. Hadn’t seen Christine Queens performance before. It’s the 2nd song in and it’s top drawer.

She’s dancing on grass with the night sky and festival lights as the back drop. Brilliant.

Edit : A blonde Lizzo also nailing it 🕺

Edited by Comfy Bean

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Or he’s just a w*nker and becoming some sort of cringey dad artist the older he gets.

It’s just his schtick, he’s been at it for years. Nobody actually cares what he says, I doubt even his heart is in it anymore. It’s pretty easy to ignore if you want to.

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Giving the Backstage acoustic sets a go on iplayer. Hadn’t seen Christine Queens performance before. It’s the 2nd song in and it’s top drawer.

She’s dancing on grass with the night sky and festival lights as the back drop. Brilliant.

It was seeing that tune from The Other on a highlights show the first time they played that made me like them. Need to be seen live. Proper performance art. Isn't that just the campest drumming ever.