BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My excuse was planning to get married in the fallow year, then Eavis went and moved the thing, leaving me on honeymoon during* the festival.

* Technically, we came home on the Monday, so I could have gone. Let's just say, I wanted to stay married.

I was just at a fucking shit low point in life, Stu. 

Like a lot of us, I was ‘that bloke at work that goes to Glastonbury’.

Got to work on Monday after T-Day, oblivious. Someone asks “did you get tickets then?”

Looked at them for a second, shut my PC down, got in my car, went home, got pissed and went to bed, gutted. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s absolutely mad how quickly things change. No one would even question this now. Just goes to show how much the bands bands bands lads ruled the show for so long!

There's bound to be a lot of chat on here at the time that also doesn't reflect well.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Beyoncé’s performance pretty much made Zane Lowe disappear completely. 

Yet another reason why we stan a queen

Watching The Streets that I missed last year, well impressed 

I’ve never seen the Metallica set till today, how good was that? 

Foos were as awesome as I remember and wish I’d seen XX and Black Keys at some point

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Authentic Glasto experience that. Dragged to see an act you don't want to please the missus.

I'm sat here doing the same... She's just not that good.. Covers... Thank god for the covers you can forget what you are watching lol

Just now, Woffy said:

I’ve watched this a few times before, and I’m not one for mythologising pop stars, but: Jesus fucking Christ, she’s phenomenal. 

Nutty as fruit cake you are old son lol 

18 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Was just discussing this as I was trying to remember Zane Lowes name! Not heard from him in ages

Cause he works for Apple now and unless you have Apple Music, you wont even be able to listen to his Beats1 radio show. 

and the Glasto experience program is up on iPlayer now. Get at it!

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

QOTSA were better. 

That QOTSA set was so good. My mate discharged himself from hospital to come back on site for it. Now I won't say he did the right thing medically, but I can tell you he doesn't regret it. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

That QOTSA set was so good. My mate discharged himself from hospital to come back on site for it. Now I won't say he did the right thing medically, but I can tell you he doesn't regret it. 

I'd seen them once before and been moderately impressed. It was an absolute roaster. That set was a petrol bomb, a rocketship to Mars, a Cadillac full of mescaline and JD. I've never felt power like that from a band at Glasto (including Metallica) before. I was halfway back and was hyperventilating by the end.

9 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Watching The Streets that I missed last year, well impressed 

I’ve never seen the Metallica set till today, how good was that? 

Foos were as awesome as I remember and wish I’d seen XX and Black Keys at some point

Metallica was special to me having grown up listening to them. Had to see it and they didn’t disappoint 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Didnt see the Stones at Glasto obvi, but saw them the month before in the u.s. and was able to nab a $75 mystery ticket. They sold 1000 tickets each gig at that price and they were in every place around the arena. You couldve gotten anything from floor standing to upper level.  Arrived early and picked the right old lady who was assigning those tickets and got Tongue Pit. Walked in and was one person from the barricade. The people in front of me had paid $1500 for guaranteed Tongue Pit and early entry.  Dave Grohl was the special guest that night and they did Bitch. Incredible show. 

Similar story here for London Stadium '18.

I'd already been the week before. They obviously hadn't sold out the second week so they put out lucky dip tickets at £70 a pair (cheapest for just one the week before were £100+ iirc).

Long story short, we were offered a fan of about a dozen envelopes when we got there. I made my friend make the selection (as I had got us there and wasn't going to be responsible for picking out a pair in the gods at the back).

She only pulled out a pair of Golden Circles.

Two £200+ tickets for £70.

(Now, the cynical may say that they were all pairs of Golden or Platinum in that fan of envelopes, as there's no way The Rolling Stones could be seen to be playing to a half full front of house. But I usually prefer to leave that bit out of this particular anecdote).

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Great cover band singer... I think if you can headline the pyramid stage you should have enough of your own songs.. Otherwise just get the real bands up there 

To be fair covers are meat and drink to most headliners though. They pretty much all do them, get the neutrals onside. And it isn’t like she didn’t have enough of her own songs.

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Great cover band singer... I think if you can headline the pyramid stage you should have enough of your own songs.. Otherwise just get the real bands up there 

Yeah tell that to foo fighters who did like three cover songs in a row!