BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Sigrid was fantastic last year. Immense energy. I thought The xx were great in 2017 to be honest. We were all saying nah they need to headline a stage in the dark but that wasn't the case at all imo. Jamie xx was layering some lovely beats over the tracks. Lush stuff.

The XX worked so well in the daylight

I used to fucking hate The XX, loved this set though. I could see a new album push them up but the timeline of me suggesting that is too parallel to how my Foals argument started and that argument drained around 7 years of my life so I'm gonna keep quiet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Interesting. Thought they owned that slot before Radiohead like I've rarely seen a sub do. Crowd was enormous and the three of them were overcome with emotion. Kicked on big time from an insular Other headline in 2013 imo.

Millennial Portishead vibe for the first two albums, Gen Z rave-ish pop for the Jamie xx one and the third, so they have appeal across the board. Fourth LP could continue the run and I could definitely see a headline offer in 2022/3 tbh.

Aye, totally agree. Completely blown away with how well they handled the sub slot. I like them, although not the biggest fan, and I was there primarily for a good Radiohead slot, yet they completely blew me away. 

46 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

Not my normal cup a tea but she looks so happy to be there how can you not love her, great stuff!

I saw her on The Park in 2017 and she was beside herself. So appreciate and loving every minute. 

The rise in fame and step up to The Other must be unreal for her.

Literally living her dream. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

The XX with a couple of tinnies was great. I left early to see a bit of Lorde and came back for Radiohead - but wow what a set they put on. It was perfect vibes for “effectively” a sunset slot.

Mega clash that, wasn't it? Gutted to have missed Lorde as I love Melodrama but couldn't be assed dragging myself back and forth between the three. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I saw her on The Park in 2017 and she was beside herself. So appreciate and loving every minute. 

The rise in fame and step up to The Other must be unreal for her.

Literally living her dream. 

She was sick on The Park as well but OS set was definitely next level. Hopefully some new material in time for a Pyramid mid afternoon slot next I reckon.

Edited by jyoung

The xx are a band I love but go for ages ‘forgetting’ about them, then being obsessed for a few weeks. This is first time I’ve heard them in a while and think I’ll go through an obsessed stage again now... Fiction into Shelter into Loud Places into On Hold is incredible. Love how their live show adds to the studio versions too

I thought they might be a bit too downbeat when they headlined The Other Stage. Watched first half of Bobby Womack and then headed over to them and I actually thought they were way better than I thought they would be. She has a gorgeous voice and actually it was a lovely Sunday night finish. I'm enjoying this Pyramid set as well. Can't remember who I saw instead but I wouldn't have hated this!