BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably been mentioned a hundred times already but how long is all this stuff up for? Just until Monday or we getting the usual post-Glastonbury month on iPlayer? Wondering if I need to cram as much in as possible over the weekend or if I’ve got a reasonable amount of time.

30 days from today

• Upvote 2

On 6/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, Suprefan said:

Freaking shame. So what was bbc music touting “FULL SETS BY EVERYONE” if the iplayer is only showing an hour?

can anyone record the live broadcast and maybe that ends up being the full set? Could be a mix up on their end.

I downloaded the (1h) set from iPlayer before realising I already had this set downloaded from a while ago, which happens to be the full 1h33 set. Captions at the start mention that only 12 out of 20 songs were originally broadcast (hence available in proshot) but whoever created this version added fan footage to make up the full set. 

As mentioned, hopefully the full set proper is available after broadcast on the Glastonbury channel. 🤞

Edited by MoilyX

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

Im not a fan of these but i've really enjoyed this. Loads of energy!

Yeah, I have heard lots about them both for and against. This was my first experience of them and I really enjoyed it. I would definitely go see them next time!

Does anybody have an idea why I can watch Iplayer's on-demand videos but I cant watch stuff live? I get this error message:

This content doesn't seem to be working.
Please try again later.

Im using a VPN before logging into BBC.

1 hour ago, phimill said:

I've been doing the same - having it on in the background while working. It's as close to stumbling around on a Thursday as you can get!

It is isn't it! Works really well for a Glastonbury at home experience!

Christ, I've really struggled today. The heat, an absolutely brutal week at work and the constant Glastonbury coverage on BBC 6 Music has really got me down. Did have some tears earlier and did have to turn the radio off for a bit because it just felt relentless.

Still intend to watch some sets, but might wait until tomorrow. God I just feel miserable about the whole thing to be honest.

Emily interview was nice, though.

8 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Does anybody have an idea why I can watch Iplayer's on-demand videos but I cant watch stuff live? I get this error message:

This content doesn't seem to be working.
Please try again later.

Im using a VPN before logging into BBC.

If it's a non UK VPN then that is your problem.....iPlayer is location restricted.

Also, some VPNs are logged and recognised as such by various sites and blocked.

Just now, Copperface said:

If it's a non UK VPN then that is your problem.....iPlayer is location restricted.

Also, some VPNs are logged and recognised as such by various sites and blocked.

It is a UK VPN and I can watch whatever I want but not the live stream.. I mean I can search for the LCD Soundsystem video and watch it but I cant watch it via the "live" channel.

I don't think it can really be stressed enough how flawless that LCD set was. The band was perfect and the atmosphere was electric. Everything came together and it was one of the greatest sets I've ever seen. If there wasn't a little band called Radiohead it would be number 1 for me.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I just cant get into them. (LCD) i love a bit of electronic but i just don't get these...

I like them and they have some good songs but I don’t have the sentimental connection that a lot of users here do. I remember that evening very well though. I was absolutely fucked on that Sunday night and really couldn’t hack much. Coldplay were perfect and actually gave me a boost to head back into the south east corner and stay out till 9am 😂

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

Not on BBC coverage but Levellers headline set in 1994 is here in full until Monday. Rumoured to be the biggest crowd ever at Glastonbury.

I used to have a copy of that set on tape that I recorded off the radio.  It was absolutely brilliant.

It's on Spotify too

https://open.spotify.com/album/6lqkakhakcBUD7PyWIt2pb?si=VKwXNVh4QnC2wOJtsB-57A

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I like them and they have some good songs but I don’t have the sentimental connection that a lot of users here do. I remember that evening very well though. I was absolutely fucked on that Sunday night and really couldn’t hack much. Coldplay were perfect and actually gave me a boost to head back into the south east corner and stay out till 9am 😂

Nice 🙂

i don't mind Coldplay but I know they're frowned upon by many.

That year was the first time i've ever seen them live and the whole thing blew me away.  I spent time over the preceding days with friends but it was just me and my wife, it was our wedding anniversary too. We were up to the right on the hill and the lights and stuff were brilliant.. Really closed the festival for me and one of my most memorable moments.

Edited by Stretlow
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Forgot how good this Primal Scream set is. Cracking!

I missed LCD in 2016 at Glastonbury  but saw them at T in the Park later that year. Cold, wet, tired with a tiny crowd but they still gave it everything for the real fans that were there instead of RHCP on the main stage.

2 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

what are the secret sets gonna be?

I'm gonna do a reach on this and think it will be pre recorded new stuff from the 3 headliners Paul McCartney, Taylor swift and Kendrick Lamar... probably be wrong mind you

Edit I was wrong lol Metallica were great as really enjoyed them at the time and was funny at the bar afterwards all the fans with their prized beachballs lol

Edited by shoptildrop

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

We’d watched PJ Harvey before and were blown away. LCD started and a wave of tiredness just hit us. Couldn’t really get any  into them so just wandered over the Glade and had a few cocktails in the Spike Bar while listening to guy playing the Sax. Seemed a more fitting end