BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

The XX 2017 set is really a thing of beauty, I would love them to get the headline gig one of these days. The triple header of Royal Blood, The XX followed by Radiohead is probably still the best night I've ever had at the festival. 

Snap, except I was at the transcendent Kate Tempest instead of Royal Blood.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

FINALLY the full Blur set!! She's so high, to the end, this is a low etc. That we haven't seen since being there. 

Will wait til the weekend when a suitable amount of cider has been consumed to get the full emotional effect....

Yep, me too, missed this in 2009 as I had to go early, weekend night for me.

LCD Soundsystem next.

Due to circumstances, I did much of 2016 solo. (If it arises that this is a possibility for you, as someone with a few Glastonburys under your belt, try it. It's very much its own experience, powerfully freeing and that.)

I ended up chatting with one of the guys who runs the Crows Nest, went up there for Al Doyle's DJ set, hugged him, danced with other Hot Chippers... Saturday night after really losing myself nicely at New Order, I helped someone unstick her foot up the path next to the Park, I got chatting with their whole Glasgow crew, and got adopted for the night, and fed from their large bag of pills.  We met back up the next night for LCD, and it's been well documented how special it is. Cracking open my first drink for 3 months now. Cheers.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

I got that too! Am now going out of one speaker. I thought my speaker had blown!

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Yeah I'm getting that. Beeping seems to have stopped but the volume is awful.

I just put their set on. The sets in the player are so much louder and clear compared to the live feed.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

I got that too! Am now going out of one speaker. I thought my speaker had blown!

I'd just unplugged my TV from my hi-fi to go back to the in-built speakers. I was thinking there was a busted wire! Glad it's not just me with that issue.

19 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Not on BBC coverage but Levellers headline set in 1994 is here in full until Monday. Rumoured to be the biggest crowd ever at Glastonbury.

This might be how we get some extra content without extra noise being made.  Think everyones going to have to keep an eye on random glasto artist youtube pages for the next few days to see if this happens again. 

Probably been mentioned a hundred times already but how long is all this stuff up for? Just until Monday or we getting the usual post-Glastonbury month on iPlayer? Wondering if I need to cram as much in as possible over the weekend or if I’ve got a reasonable amount of time.

20 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

What’s the drama again with The Levellers and Glasto?

Really doubt there is any.

While they've not played in the last 10 years (7 festivals), the rumours are much older than that and they have played at least 3 times since I first heard them. More likely to be just a case of there not having been a recent offer that works for both the band and the festival.