BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Anybody else really struggling with volume on iPlayer? I’m outside in my paddling pool soaking up the sun so only using a small plug in speaker but the volume was much higher listening to bbc 6 music this morning... anybody have a fix? Idles just doesn’t feel right at low volumes!!! 

Edited by gittinsell

10 minutes ago, gittinsell said:

Anybody else really struggling with volume on iPlayer? I’m outside in my paddling pool soaking up the sun so only using a small plug in speaker but the volume was much higher listening to bbc 6 music this morning... anybody have a fix? Idles just doesn’t feel right at low volumes!!! 

Maybe a stupid suggestion but have you turned the volume up on the actual iplayer? I think it starts at default 7. 

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Best triple-header I've seen on the Pyramid was prob Madness, Nick Cave, Blur (decent finish to a great festival).

That does sound fantastic, sadly 2011 was my first year. 2009 continually gets discussed as the pinnacle of the festival. For me I think the toss up is between 2013 and 2017 for the best festival year. 

3 hours ago, pauladam said:

If anyone is familiar with the joys of get_iplayer (and have a few hundred gigs of free disk space)  - you'll want this command

get_iplayer --pid=b007r6vx --pid-recursive

You are welcome

Cheers. Fiber internet gonna come in handy for this one. 

does that command work for a series on iplayer also? Just gotta use the main page of a program and run it?

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Does anyone have the image that shows the years these sets are from?

Saw today's one yesterday but can't find it now, as hoping the primal scream set is not the one before the Stones as he was in a right mood

Chemical Brothers (2000 & 2019)
Chic ft Nile Rodgers (2013)
Christine & The Queens (2016)
Coldplay (2016)
Courteeners (2019)
Dave (2019)
David Bowie (2000)
Declan McKenna (2017)
Disclosure (2014)
Dizzee Rascal (2010)
Ed Sheeran (2017)
Elbow (2011)
Ellie Goulding (2016)

ELO (2015)
Ezra Collective (2019)
FKA Twigs (2015)
Florence + The Machine (2015)
Foals (2019)
Fontaines DC (2019)
Foo Fighters (2017)
Freya Ridings (2019)
Future Islands (2015)
George Ezra (2019)
Georgia (2019)
Glass Animals (2017)
Grimes (2016)
Groove Armada (2010)
HAIM (2017)

Hot Chip (2015)
Hozier (2019)
IDLES (2019)
Jamie xx (2015)
Janelle Monae (2011)
Jay Z (2008)
Jon Hopkins (2019)
Kano (2017)
Kate Tempest (2019)
Kylie Minogue (2019)
Lady Gaga (2009)
Lana Del Rey (2014)
Laura Marling (2017)
LCD Soundsystem (2016)
Lewis Capaldi (2019)

Lily Allen (2009)
Lionel Richie (2015)
Little Simz (2019)
Lorde (2017)
Low (2019)
Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real (2019)
Mac DeMarco (2019)
Maribou State (2019)
Mark Ronson (2015)
Mavis Staples (2019)
Metronomy (2017)
Michael Kiwanuka (2019)
Mumford & Sons (2013)

Neneh Cherry (2019)
Nick Cave (1998)
Nick Cave (2013)
Oasis (1994)
Orbital (2010)
Oumou Sangare (2017)
Pale Waves (2019)
PJ Harvey (2004)
Primal Scream (2011)
Pulp (1995)
Radiohead (1997)
REM (1999)
Rex Orange County (2019)
Robert Plant (2014)
Royal Blood (2017)

Run The Jewels (2017)
Sam Smith (2014)
Shakira (2010)
Sharon Van Etten (2019)
Sheryl Crow (2019)
Shura (2019)
Sigrid (2019)
Sleaford Mods (2017)
Slowthai (2019)
Stefflon Don (2019)
Stormzy (2019)
Swindle (2019)
The Black Keys (2014)
The Charlatans (2019)
The Cure (2019)

The Killers (2004 & 2019)
The Streets (2019)
The wombats (2019)
The xx (2017)
Toots & The Maytals (2011)
Underworld (2016)
Wolf Alice (2016)
Years & Years (2019)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Does anyone have the image that shows the years these sets are from?

Saw today's one yesterday but can't find it now, as hoping the primal scream set is not the one before the Stones as he was in a right mood

It's the Other stage one I think when it was hammering it down (U2 on the Pyramid). 

I think it's the best I've seen them but I was very, very, drunk. 

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

The XX 2017 set is really a thing of beauty, I would love them to get the headline gig one of these days. The triple header of Royal Blood, The XX followed by Radiohead is probably still the best night I've ever had at the festival. 

You know what, I am not really a fan of the XX but that set was brilliant. Royal Blood, quick bit to eat, then the XX was a great double bill. I didn't stay for Radiohead though. 

Idles on the live channel now ( I am just letting it play all day and night as if it is the way the lineup was already arranged). Never listened to or watched Idles before. I like them. I always like bands who are one with the people. 

26 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Maybe a stupid suggestion but have you turned the volume up on the actual iplayer? I think it starts at default 7. 

Not stupid at all! Thanks for the suggestion I do have it up to 11, it’ll do for now hopefully they sort the player volume at some point 

5 minutes ago, sime said:

Idles on the live channel now ( I am just letting it play all day and night as if it is the way the lineup was already arranged). Never listened to or watched Idles before. I like them. I always like bands who are one with the people. 

Im not a fan of these but i've really enjoyed this. Loads of energy!

7 minutes ago, sime said:

I've been doing the same - having it on in the background while working. It's as close to stumbling around on a Thursday as you can get!

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Doesn't look like it's the full Radiohead set :(

Freaking shame. So what was bbc music touting “FULL SETS BY EVERYONE” if the iplayer is only showing an hour?

can anyone record the live broadcast and maybe that ends up being the full set? Could be a mix up on their end.

12 minutes ago, Spindles said:

My running order thus far has been REM, Underworld and now Lorde.  Hard to make a bad choice with the options available.

I've gone in with Hot Chip.

Definitely in my top 5 sets in the 12 years I've been.

2 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Anyway, I've just proved to myself that I'm unable to work with Idles on at the same time - I'm amusing this will apply to any band, so I'm turning iPlayer off until I've finished work.

Depends on what job you do.   If you were a Spanish riot cop then Idles might be suitable.  Not if you’re doing keyhole surgery 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Anyway, I've just proved to myself that I'm unable to work with Idles on at the same time - I'm amusing this will apply to any band, so I'm turning iPlayer off until I've finished work.

The irony... 😃

Screenshot_20200625-154346.png

• Upvote 1