BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have to say, the "exclusive performance" area is much better up in The Park than the anonymous backstage area they used to use.  I'd still rather they went to Glade, Avalon, Green Fields, Cabaret or any of the other under filmed parts of the festival.

I’m generally dead against them either way, would rather they just showed some actual sets from the actual festival. That one made me a bit sad though, looking out over that beautiful place.

I like The Charlatans. I like Tim, I don't think he's as cool as he thinks he is but I like that about him. I read his book and it was great. He's sporting some top dungarees there. I love a lot of The Charlatan's tunes. 

They've been shit every time I've seen them though

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Still struggling to comprehend that I’m sitting here watching Glastonbury on the TV and not actually there.

Yeah if I watch this all day along side work its gonna end in me having to get leathered tonight

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Volume is crap. Even through my big sonos its very low. Might tweet bbc glasto.

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Great idea. Let's all get on it. I don't really want to have to get the 5.1 stuff downstairs. Too much hassle. Radio6 is fine so why not iPlayer?

Done. Do we think they read tweets? Or are they just an output plug The BBC account?

9 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Yeah if I watch this all day along side work its gonna end in me having to get leathered tonight

Having my first drinks for nearly 3 months later. A load of us gathered here at various levels of drunkenness watching the Julien Temple film at 10pm sounds good to me.

Stopped Charletons and watching Primal scream,  scramadelica set which I walked through in teaming rain to meet freinds for U2 at the Pyramid after seeing someone in the Park I can't remember right now. Thought it looked and sounded great at the time.

Edited by ghandi

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watching Sigrid I’d forgot about the girl at the front of the audience, obviously a top fan , she was in tears, dancing and singing along. Great to see someone so young who must have had an unforgettable festival , it’s what it’s all about. 

I seem to remember a story of Sigrid spotting her afterwards and sorting her out tickets to meet and greet her at another UK festival! 

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Charlatans killing it on BBC.

"It" being my ear drums.

Fond memories of this set. Caught the end of it and had chosen a spectacularly bad time to pull my first ever Glastonbury 100% all-nighter (bar previous Sunday nights when there isn't anything on the next day). Was just about withstanding the heat at this point, but went back to my tent and crashed straight after. Luckily the wife found me and woke me up for Interpol.

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, pauladam said:

Without wanting to get too far into the technical details ( I am at work just now, so cant get too involved) - heres the basics

There is a thread on here about downloading sets from iplayer (see link below) should give you everything you need - you need to download and install the get_iplayer software and you just run it (runs in a text "command line" window) - just paste in the command I mentioned and leave it to run (it will download the lot in MP4 format)

Yes I am not completely hopeless but not that expert in these matters, and i seem to be in the process of downloading over a 100 videos ........ my laptop is going to explode at some point! am transferring to an external hard drive. Give it a go 🙂

11 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Stopped Charletons and watching Primal scream,  scramadelica set which I walked through in teaming rain to meet freinds for U2 at the Pyramid after seeing someone in the Park I can't remember right now. Thought it looked and sounded great at the time.

quitter!