BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

10 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Pretty sure you've gotta have a postcode for BBC I player? Because of the licence fee. 

I'd forgotten that. Yes a postcode is needed. Or, needs to be provided, depending on where you want to be from.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

If someone could do a test to see how much 1 set of 90 ish minutes takes up that would be great. 

Depends on the year (as recording quality increases to the file size has too) - anywhere between 1.5 -> 2gb is probably about right

7 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

How does it work? 

Without wanting to get too far into the technical details ( I am at work just now, so cant get too involved) - heres the basics

There is a thread on here about downloading sets from iplayer (see link below) should give you everything you need - you need to download and install the get_iplayer software and you just run it (runs in a text "command line" window) - just paste in the command I mentioned and leave it to run (it will download the lot in MP4 format)

5 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Without wanting to get too far into the technical details ( I am at work just now, so cant get too involved) - heres the basics

There is a thread on here about downloading sets from iplayer (see link below) should give you everything you need - you need to download and install the get_iplayer software and you just run it (runs in a text "command line" window) - just paste in the command I mentioned and leave it to run (it will download the lot in MP4 format)

Any idea the easiest way to get the audio only? Its only for listening to, not overly bothered about the video

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is this the thread for watching the iPlayer channel?  Small Pyramid crowd for Laura Marling, she would probably have been better at The Park (has she played there?)

I was going to make a separate thread but wasn't sure if people would complain...

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is this the thread for watching the iPlayer channel?  Small Pyramid crowd for Laura Marling, she would probably have been better at The Park (has she played there?)

The crowd is always a bit sparse for these earlier folk pyramid acts, I'm a big fan of still putting them there though. An early afternoon lie down with some lovely music is good for the soul, First Aid Kit saved my life in 2017.