BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Lauren Laverne is doing a Glasto special tomorrow morning on Radio 6 to kick off their "Glastonbury experience weekend"

She hasn't stopped talking about Glasto all week really, it's bittersweet to listen to whilst I'm working at home. 

19 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Lauren Laverne is doing a Glasto special tomorrow morning on Radio 6 to kick off their "Glastonbury experience weekend"

She hasn't stopped talking about Glasto all week really, it's bittersweet to listen to whilst I'm working at home. 

She's got Emily on the show too

Emily Eavis joins Lauren Laverne to share some special moments from the past 50 years of Glastonbury festival, with the chance to hear some standout performances from the archives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000k9l0

19 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Yeah it's all bittersweet. It's great how much coverage there's gonna be to get through but just thinking where I'd be at this time is sending me under

28 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

They have just posted the full list on Twitter 

I am mistaken or were the Stones on one of the earlier list? 

Emily said in a NME interview that she was looking forward to Stones and Springsteen  sets, neither of which have been named. Guess they are 2 of the special guests?

Looking foward to this. Would have liked to have seen The Prodigy in there with either their 1995 or 1997 set.

My only complaint is there isn't enough stuff there from the 90's, from having a quick look at the list. I know Channel 4 had the rights for half of the decade, but they still have shitloads of footage in the archives. Still, this is a lot more than we could have hoped for really. 

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Looking foward to this. Would have liked to have seen The Prodigy in there with either their 1995 or 1997 set.

My only complaint is there isn't enough stuff there from the 90's, from having a quick look at the list. I know Channel 4 had the rights for half of the decade, but they still have shitloads of footage in the archives. Still, this is a lot more than we could have hoped for really. 

Thats my only complaint too as they were the years I didn't go! I want more from 97-2004. Rather than the past 3 years, maybe licencing is harder to get for them as they've run out of time to be able to show them so have to go asking again? 

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Slightly off topic but would love the Other Stage to be renamed The Flint Stage.

3 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Yeah i dont know why they are lacking on some of the older stuff, and put 30 sets from 2019. Couldve cut that in half and sprinkled some more mid 2000’s in there too. And how they couldnt put Prodigy 2009 on there is beyond me.