BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Was already planning on watching The Cure on Thurs eve prior to the Julien Temple film, so that's nicely timed. Loved that set and still not watched it back yet.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

they're all on demand. this is just a suggestion of a running order.

I believe there's a dedicated Glastonbury channel on iplayer, which will be sticking to this schedule. Though I imagine it will all be there on demand as well.

1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I wonder who the Special Guest is? 

Springsteen, maybe? I'm surprised they've left him out, his 2009 performance is regarded as one of the festival's best ever headline sets and as someone who was there, it really was magnificent, beaten only by Blur the following night.

Edited by VCK

6 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I was hoping the special guest was someone glasto 2021 releated 

Well I'm wondering/hoping if Taylor in particular will do an acoustic set from her home. The slots are 1 hr, 90 mins and 2 hr which all seem very long for an at-home set though.

Edit: the two hr slot screams Macca.

Edited by jparx

37 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm hoping Neil Young is one of the Special Guests one - would like to catch his performance.

He only allowed a few songs to be broadcast at the time, my dream would be he let's a bigger chunk of the full set be shown, including the opening My my, hey hey 

This lineup is great, and does indeed look like a party, but reading it has pushed me down into a bit of a hole 😞

Hopefully it will be better by Friday when I'm drinking cider for breakfast with a couple of mates and doing a power ballad yoga over zoom before getting stuck into some sets....

43 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

He only allowed a few songs to be broadcast at the time, my dream would be he let's a bigger chunk of the full set be shown, including the opening My my, hey hey 

That's exactly the song I want to hear!

Actually tried finding it on Youtube last week but had no luck.

While it's also on demand, I like that they're gonna have this virtual channel to watch, so we can chat about it on here and with friends and whatnot :)

9 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

There seems to be some big gaps early evening Fri-Sun, or maybe I missed the George Ezra four hour set.

That's when there's Glastonbury stuff on BBC2 and BBC4