BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Really looking forward to seeing the blur set and REM, definitely two of my favourites pyramid sets over the years.  And whatever other gems they dig up from the vaults,  I’d cancelled my TV license but this has made me restart my direct debit. 

53 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Anyone else get emotional when the watched the advert! Love what they did with the photos! 

Yep definitely. I feel equal parts excited and overwhelmingly sad for the coverage. It's going to be an emotional weekend. Just hits home how special that place is to me and all of us here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

The BBC advert is now live - love what they have done with all the photos to make a planning shot. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08g1ppj

As someone who’s not from UK and always misses out cause of geoblocks... all of the newer vids seem to be available to me, but not the older ones. I wonder if i’ll be able to see some of the content during the glasto weekend... 

(I meant legally.. otherwise a VPN will be my saviour anyway) 

13 hours ago, jparx said:

Yep definitely. I feel equal parts excited and overwhelmingly sad for the coverage. It's going to be an emotional weekend. Just hits home how special that place is to me and all of us here.

That’s exactly how we feel. Obviously going to be tremendous watching the bbc coverage but watching the scenes of the crowds, the happy faces of everyone dancing, the images of those quieter moments where despite the huge attendance you can always find a space to chill out, these all will give us mixed emotions.  There will be a bond between us all on here despite not being on the farm.

I’ve even started checking the long range weather forecast for our back garden for the weekends camping out!  Then the countdown will start for 2021,  hope all those without tickets so far will have a successful resale! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well they might not want them but I think they are great! 👍

The top one is The Housemartins ( with Norman Cook) and the banner at the side says “murdoch is bad news” !

9 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just watched Mr Brightside again with Johnny Marr and started crying. Fcks sake whats wrong with me.

Absolutely nothing. Mrs c had a similar wee moment watching vampire weekend, it's about remembering the occasion, how you felt at the time, how happy you were,  rather that just the band. Especially when the crowd are pictured. You remember the flags, where you stood , who was next to you.  

Although it's obviously not the same as actually being there, I am really looking forward to Glastonbury this year. I love how people are going to be making a real event of it. I will too. It's definitely going to be a fun five days at home!