BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

I’m on countdown for next year already kinda of pretending we have all been this year and are now waiting for next year!!! 
okay let’s face it 4 weeks time I’m gonna be a mess!!! I cry normally watching the highlight clips in between years as it is! 🤪🥳😢😎🌈

Very true! By now we would be well into the planning stage, scanning the rumours page for any additions, pouring over the clashfinder and looking out equipment. Add in the nerves watching for the arrival of tickets when you see others have already received them and proudly posted photos of them on here!  There’s hardly a day go by when I don’t watch a set from past festivals so at least in four weeks time we have some consolation.!  Of course for the lucky ones we won’t have the stress of the ticket sale, hopefully the resales bring good news for all on here. 

19 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It seems like it'll only be available for that week though? Shame, was hoping it would be up for a month so I can watch all the sets 

If you pay me the license fee instead you can stream it all from my Glasto folder on my hard drive. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

Safe to assume this content won't be available for Americans without a VPN or w/e?

probably not, but the majority of it is already online and findable.

If anything, it's kind of shit how little they're actually showing/making available.

Go on themixingbowl.org and dimeadozen.org and you can get shitloads more sets from down through the years, that aren't included in this announcement, by my calculation there's at least 300 full sets in video alone, and more in audio.

Edited by ghostdancer1

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its been weird. I havent really thought about the festival much.

BBC announced their coverage & for the first time, I was really gutted. I didnt look at the proposed line up in depth until recently.

Sad sad times.

Personally I think I'm not missing out on what someone else is gaining so it's not a huge deal for me I don't think.

It's not just acts that I am looking forward to watching (especially Bowie's full set) but also all the mini documentaries and films that are being shown too. I'm going to make it a proper Glastonbury weekend (well not proper) but I'm definitely going to get into the full swing of it.

1 minute ago, sime said:

It's not just acts that I am looking forward to watching (especially Bowie's full set) but also all the mini documentaries and films that are being shown too. I'm going to make it a proper Glastonbury weekend (well not proper) but I'm definitely going to get into the full swing of it.

Same here, I've not cancelled my leave so will be enjoying it to the best of my abilities. 

I’m looking forward to it as I when I come back from being at the festival for 10 days or so, the last thing I want to do is spoil my private and personal version of it by watching it on telly. 

Having said that, I tend to watch back the sets i saw and get the audio for sets I saw. 

30 minutes ago, sime said:

Bang on the Gary’s 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Same here, I've not cancelled my leave so will be enjoying it to the best of my abilities. 

I kept my leave in place too. Nice to have something different to look forward to isn't it 🙂