Gazebo in family camping?

Fred Zepplin

I know gazebos aren’t allowed but do people know if they are strict in family camping? We would be staying in the not so busy one with more space. We have a 4 man tent which was fine for me and my wife but not now we have 2 kids. If we put a gazebo which has four solid sides on it in front of our tent we would have enough space. The tent and gazebo are the same manufacturer and the same colour so it’s not to obvious that it’s a separate gazebo. Put together they would be the size of a large tent which would be the other option but I don’t want to spend money on another tent 

Are we talking about the camping next to kidz field or wicket? 

Wicket is a lot bigger and quieter and doesn't fill up anywhere near like the other does. I imagine you could get away with one there, they are against the rules and I personally frown upon anyone using them as it takes up valuable space. And it has been known for them to be confiscated on entry in previous years if spotted. 

In the field next to kidz field space is at a premium and unless you're in there before midday on Wednesday you probably wont find anywhere to pitch even a two man tent and there would probably be a lot more frowning upon the gazebo there, if you could even fit it in 

On 5/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, I feel like Pablo said:

Sorry just seen you said wicket! Probably wouldnt be a problem there's lots of space :)

That’s what I thought. It’s a gazebo that has 4 sides so when put in front of our tent will look more like part of the tent. That’s what we will be using it for to keep our stuff in and for getting changed in. The tent we have is big enough for sleeping but not to store everything for 2 kids and to sit in, especially if it rains. The tent plus the gazebo will be about 7m long so about the same size as a family tent which is what we would have to buy if we didn’t take the gazebo 

• Upvote 1