Please Do Not Visit Worthy Farm

parsonjack

40 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Seems today the neds  couldn’t read the big f*ck off sign on Mary’s gate saying not to enter. I assume they are illiterate and therefore thought it was an invitation to go have their picnic on the farm.

bastards

Nice to see that good Scots word ‘neds’ entering the national vocabulary!  Much better than chavs. 

I believe Non educated delinquent is the origin of it. Seems that suits this incident!  Others say it originated from  the Teddy Boys.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice to see that good Scots word ‘neds’ entering the national vocabulary!  Much better than chavs. 

I believe Non educated delinquent is the origin of it. Seems that suits this incident!  Others say it originated from  the Teddy Boys.

Never knew that. Thanks

40 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

FFS.  I'm assuming they've left their crap behind as evidence of the visit....or did you actually see them?

I don't know about their crap as I was doing as the sign says " feck off" or words to that effect. Therefore i am respe ting the wishes of the farm and staying off Worthy and other farms there. I ran past Mary's gate entrance aa they were leaving with a cool box. They then got in 3 different cars and left.

14 hours ago, Superscally said:

Sounds like bollocks. On all counts.

Have you ever met a scouser that hasn't immediately told you that they are from Liverpool? It's like they have to say it within 30 seconds or they will be banished from the city forever. People from Essex are the same as well thinking about it. 

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Not sure it’s relevant where they were from!! The advice is please don’t visit the farm! 

You’re right it’s not relevant. Simply highlighting that the first weekend out of lockdown folk traveled  from all over to do what they wish which in part is no different than  people travelling many miles to beaches . The obvs main difference is that it’s good will that allows Joe Public access to the GF site and the actions of a few will spoil it for people who feel grateful to take walk up there. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Scotdy said:

Have you ever met a scouser that hasn't immediately told you that they are from Liverpool? It's like they have to say it within 30 seconds or they will be banished from the city forever. People from Essex are the same as well thinking about it. 

Errr. Yes. In fact I find it's quite rare they or anyone else say where they're from unless asked and I work in a customer facing business. 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, Scotdy said:

Have you ever met a scouser that hasn't immediately told you that they are from Liverpool? 

I have met many scousers throughout the course of my life. I can honestly say that not one of them has immediately, or at a later point in time from the first meeting, ever told me that they were from Liverpool. Not a single one. Obviously I don't know if I am the anomaly, or if you are. That said, I've met people from all regions of the UK, and not a single one of them has ever stated 'Oh, I'm from... xyz place'. In return, I have visited many places within the UK and never felt the need to say that I'm from Birmingham. It is, to my mind, more than a little odd to do that, given that I have never witnessed it. 

To conclude, I have an inner feeling that you may be talking shite. Obviously I can't provide any evidence of this, because maybe every scouser that you have met has actually told you straight away that they're from Liverpool. In connection with that, do strangers you meet tell you other things which maybe of interest? Note - they may not be of interest to you, but could be to us out here, so please do not rule anything out.

16 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have met many scousers throughout the course of my life. I can honestly say that not one of them has immediately, or at a later point in time from the first meeting, ever told me that they were from Liverpool. Not a single one.

Then how did you know they were from Liverpool ;) 

24 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think that you already know the answer to that one. I mean, who goes around the country stating to anybody that will listen, where they came from in the country originally? Nobody does that. Well, nobody I've met, I guess.

Maybe we should all start :)

Was it not a refrain back in the rave days

what's our name, were you from, what you on

55 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Was it not a refrain back in the rave days

what's our name, were you from, what you on

I didn't go to that many illegal rave type events back in the day. It was mostly house parties in large houses in London that I went to. Due to a doctor friend living in London i got to know a lot of other doctors, and some other very wealthy people. It certainly wasn't 'nice one, geezer' territory - more of a case of 'my name is xyz, how do you do' kind of thing. All very polite and charming. The same type and amount of drugs were taken though. 

As an aside, it was my doctor friend who administered every new type of drug to me from the age of about 15 upwards (well, apart from speed). I can still recall being very trepidatious about a new drug he'd discovered called an e. I can still remember where I was at that time and who I was with in addition to the doctor himself. He's bought a few of these e's at £25 a pop. I suspect that I was a little nervous because they really were new kids on the block and not even my doctor friend had taken one before. So, those present all gambled and took one, and that was that - the start of a very long lasting love affair with those tablets.

I recall many years later when I held a New Years Eve party at my newly refurbished house (refurbished by me, and it had taken about 4 years to do it) that my doctor friend went around either giving away or selling his e's at cost. Once he had finished dosing everybody up he handed me a bag of 300 e's which were left over and said 'can you hide them somewhere'? I duly hid them under a floorboard. that party was wild, even by me / my mates standards. It would be fair to say that my house was fucking wrecked at the end of it. A lot of my hard work had gone down the pan in one single night. Great party though.

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, funkychick2007 said:

Unbelievable! But I guess they were testing their eye sight too!!! 

its somebody’s home A working farm! would they be happy if someone had a picnic in their garden!! I don’t think so! 

Boris said it was okay for up to six people to meet in a garden, he didn’t say whose garden. I fancy that Rose Garden that Cummings was in on Monday.

5 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

Boris said it was okay for up to six people to meet in a garden, he didn’t say whose garden. I fancy that Rose Garden that Cummings was in on Monday.

Just make sure you have anti backed the table before you sit at it ... 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just make sure you have anti backed the table before you sit at it ... 

We were going to video ourselves doing the speech word for word, prizes will be awarded for keepIng a straight face, sounding less sincere than Cummings, and for avoiding accidentally saying anything that sounds like an apology.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Not really sure how the group we saw heading down Muddy Lane this afternoon missed this to be honest....

🤬

FB_IMG_1591549324017.jpg

Well, that couldn’t be any clearer without using some ‘agricultural’ language could it?  But there’s always some idiots thinking that it doesn’t apply to them.