Jools in lockdown

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Seems appropriate to see off the shit-show that is 2020 by watching Rag ‘n’ Bone Man 

I think I read somewhere he didn't perform in the end

Yep, last sentence - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qspp

Edited by Greenelk

On 12/31/2020 at 1:17 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Oi! Kiwanuka! No!  Not on the Hootenanny! You ain't even had any music out this year, you 21st Century British answer to Bill Withers...."

h95xo.jpg

That's a pretty big compliment 😄 Bless the guy he won the Mercury prize and hasn't even gotten to tour his stone cold classic album. Yes it's true I do love him!!

On 1/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, MrZigster said:

Am I alone watching the hootenanny highlight hour on at the moment here?

A decent watch I thought in these barren times.

Some big performances. Nature boy strolling across the stage when Slash and Ronnie Wood were doing their thing a reminder of better times.

Betty Wright never in a rush to finish a tune 👏 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Am liking St. Vincent greatly. Arlo Parks is either super cool given how old she is  or has a mum who knows her music. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers, Anderson Paak, Otis Reading. 😊. too cool for school but it’s good. 

12 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Am liking St. Vincent greatly. Arlo Parks is either super cool given how old she is  or has a mum who knows her music. Radiohead - Bodysnatchers, Anderson Paak, Otis Reading. 😊. too cool for school but it’s good. 

St Vincent, 2014 park stage, tremendous!    Loved the choices of Arlo , especially Radiohead 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:35 PM, chuckles07 said:

Lol, have to agree. Exactly what i was going to post :)

loved her choices, made a really entertaining show. I've not heard any of her stuff, except the opening song on this, she seems really cool, i liked her.

Watching this now, I can't tell if it's just nostalgia or if that Kings of Leon track is actually quite good.

Arlo's performance or Caroline is decent, her album is a grower for sure, I can't believe how young she is considering the wisdom and insight she shows lyrically.

Haven't seen this Radiohead performance in ages - might spend the next few days with In Rainbows on repeat after this.

Edited by Alex DeLarge

2 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Watching this now, I can't tell if it's just nostalgia or if that Kings of Leon track is actually quite good.

Arlo's performance or Caroline is decent, her album is a grower for sure, I can't believe how young she is considering the wisdom and insight she shows lyrically.

Haven't seen this Radiohead performance in ages - might spend the next few days with In Rainbows on repeat after this.

So funny, just finished watching jools and am currently listening to house of cards. Really enjoyed Anderson Paak also so will check more of that out this week at some point.

12 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

So funny, just finished watching jools and am currently listening to house of cards. Really enjoyed Anderson Paak also so will check more of that out this week at some point.

Mate you are in for a treat, Anderson Paak is brilliant. I can't listen to his music right now though because it's Summery and reminds me of so many good nights out.

I've got to St. Vincent now, I miss the more creative Annie Clarke, her recent music really hasn't done it for me.