Jools in lockdown

Ayrshire Chris

32 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Final episode this Friday and it's Guy Garvey, been quite enjoying these shows and would like them to continue, Joe Talbot would be an interesting guest. 

yes, he would be very good... and agreed it is a shame to see this go.I think it has been one of the few succesful lockdown program tbh..

Looking forward to Guy Garvey..

55 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Really enjoyed this series.  Thought Berwyn and Lianne Le Havas were fantastic and I'll be looking into their back catalogues.  And of course Bowie and Radiohead were good to rewatch.

The Lianne LH performance they showed was brilliant. Have been watching her on YouTube since.

Also enjoyed the series.

This was the best episode of the series, saved it until last, Guy is a legend, great picks for me at least, not one I didn't enjoy. Went to YouTube after to get some Elbow fix and saw their lockdown performances, amazing, check them out, his voice is amazing. Have loved Lianne for years, saw her in the John Peel a few years ago. Great to see Bowie and Radiohead again. 

• 4 months later...

And then KT Tunstall. A legendary performance. She was unsigned at the time wasn't she? And a replacement act for someone else? So is the story I'm sure I read somewhere.

And now Supergrass!

Mel C was always my favourite Spice Girl I think. Imagine her as a Spouser/Scousewife (sorry, couldn't resist).

I'm talking to myself here again aren't I. Is it June again? I know the clocks went back. But!

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

And then KT Tunstall. A legendary performance. She was unsigned at the time wasn't she? And a replacement act for someone else? So is the story I'm sure I read somewhere.

And now Supergrass!

Mel C was always my favourite Spice Girl I think. Imagine her as a Spouser/Scousewife (sorry, couldn't resist).

I'm talking to myself here again aren't I. Is it June again? I know the clocks went back. But!

That KT Tunstall one is one of the greats. Made me want a loop pedal for years (finally got one a year ago, drove my flatmate up the wall)

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:38 PM, MrZigster said:

And now Supergrass!

Thought Mel C came across really well plus made a nice selection of tunes.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Jools and the Glasto highlights  are the  tradition with us every new year. Much better than the crap  we are subjected to on the other channels up here! A few extra tears this year watching the legends and reminiscing where we were standing, where we were camping, who else was playing etc etc!