Jools in lockdown

Ayrshire Chris

Watched last nights show, basically a dip into the archives with Christine and the Queens choosing clips from his past shows  such as Bowie, Janelle , Bjork . And a great live performance sent in by Laura Marling.  Quite enjoyed it 

and he didn’t once spoil someones performance by insisting to join in on the piano! 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watched last nights show, basically a dip into the archives with Christine and the Queens choosing clips from his past shows  such as Bowie, Janelle , Bjork . And a great live performance sent in by Laura Marling.  Quite enjoyed it 

and he didn’t once spoil someones performance by insisting to join in on the piano! 

yeah, i enjoyed it. I think anchoring it around 1 person, with influential interludes worked well.... although he could maybe of introduced it with a performance from Christine herself...?

I've seen a couple of other excellent Laura Marling live at home YouTubes... the album sounds great.

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You’ve sold me. If ever a program was meant to be watched on catch up it’s jools. Always a need to fast forward through his plinky plonky collaborations with the guests. 

• Upvote 1

Watched this last night and enjoyed it more than I thought, especially for Christine’s great choice of old performances. 

Dizzee Rascal being interviewed next week and Hugh Laurie the week after who I’m not expecting to have such great choices, but open to be proven wrong. 

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

You’ve sold me. If ever a program was meant to be watched on catch up it’s jools. Always a need to fast forward through his plinky plonky collaborations with the guests. 

Reckon if he could,  he would add a bit of plinky plonky all the way through Karma Police 

30 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I know it’s an unpopular view on here but I’m good with Jools joining in on the keys.

Seen him a couple of times live, probably 20 and then 10 years ago. The obvious joy he gets from playing live has probably stuck with me.

Hopefully his Winter gigs go ahead. Got tickets for Glasgow, he’s playing two nights. Enjoyed his  pyramid performance in 2017.  And yes, his enthusiasm is really obvious! 

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Watched this last night and enjoyed it more than I thought, especially for Christine’s great choice of old performances. 

Dizzee Rascal being interviewed next week and Hugh Laurie the week after who I’m not expecting to have such great choices, but open to be proven wrong. 

I didn't watch this week's so I dunno but I'd love if dizzee's interview next week shed light on how he ended up with him collaborating with a don of slide guitar for his bonkers era shite.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stokesy10 Can't help you with your first question. That's weird. I thought they kept everything up for ages these days.

Good question re JC (Were you asking a question or was that a statement?).  I had it on in the background. Was that something put together by just himself during lockdown? Or was there a huge amount of people and possibly a record company thing behind it?

I remember watching similar composite video shows on Youtube ages ago and being impressed. They were being put together by ten year olds. Is JC the same person whos stuff  was watching ages ago? Or is it just a rip off?

Given the right exposure it will go places no doubt.

Edited by MrZigster