Sign in to follow this  
everest

Nova Rock 2021

don't get it. why would they announce this as the first thing? aren't people pissed off? 

Seiler & Speiler are headliners. They were supposed to close the 2020 edition. The others are small names. In my opinion, it's not a bad first announcement: too many festivals book bands without promote local bands. See festivals like Graspop, they book a few bands but on a boring first day open only to people who buy a combiner's tickets (well, not in 2018 and 2020 with XL editions). And with the actual situation, we could have festivals with more bands from Europe only or only the country where the festival happens. NovaRock will maybe have more "local" bands in 2021!

No worry about this announcement because lineup will be 90% the same. Foo Fighters are 99% in. 

Btw few days ago Metallica was streaming their show from Nova Rock in 2012. Hint for next year? I hope so.

At last two concerts in Vienna Lars mentioned Nova Rock and said see you very soon so if the rumours are true that Metallica coming back next year for festival tour, they will be playing on Nova Rock. 

But biggest problems are corona and Hetfield 

Volbeat are probably nailed as well. Playing Nova at least every second year for 10 years. Foo Fighters, Metallica, Volbeat and Sailer and Speer. No place for SOAD? 

Any new bands vs. 2020 lineup in this wave? 

Foos are in Berlin on June 8th so I guess they are very likely to play...

I've found only one new band, SISYPHOS - ALPINE REGGAE SYSTEM

edit: about Foos, found out that they can't tell anything yet about cancellation or confirmation

Edited by everest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, everest said:

Hm...still no foo fighters

103870426_10157644928019005_376465539631

That's a brilliant first announcement by any standard. 9 acts on there I'd happily see.

Another update about Foos, probably they won't come next year.

"Don’t know yet if they will be available. We try our best 💪🏻"

Interesting, i was certain that FF will be there. They definitely need one more strong name then, SOAD alone are not enough. Volbeat and Seiler are pretty weak headliners, even thoe S&S are big here in Austria and will pull a lot of locals.

Foos are confirmed for Berlin on June 8th, so are definitely around. I would bet my money on them playing Nova but after SOAD surprise anything can happen

Foos are rescheduled all dates for 2021 on same day except Nova Rock so obviously there are some problems with tour planning, maybe too early

So far it looks like they are out, and only worthy replacement will be Metallica, or at least Nine Inch Nails + some act that isn't on Nova Rock every 2-3 years like Volbeat, Billy Talent, Toten Hosen...

Edited by everest

I guess Foo Fighters had to play on the Saturday to make it work but it couldn't be realised with the other bands on the bill?

Or maybe Download Festival booked Foo Fighters to replace Iron Maiden and now Nova Rock doesn't fit in their schedule anymore?

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I guess Foo Fighters had to play on the Saturday to make it work but it couldn't be realised with the other bands on the bill?

Or maybe Download Festival booked Foo Fighters to replace Iron Maiden and now Nova Rock doesn't fit in their schedule anymore?

I'm almost sure Download haven't booked FF.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm almost sure Download haven't booked FF.

How come?

1 hour ago, foolee said:

How come?

They never get them, they didn't last time they were in direct view of it either. I don't think it's somewhere that Dave cares about. Hell, he even took a small payday Glastonbury before Download.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They never get them, they didn't last time they were in direct view of it either. I don't think it's somewhere that Dave cares about. Hell, he even took a small payday Glastonbury before Download.

I don't think FF have anything "against" Download Festival, they were headlining the 2018 edition of Download Fest' in France so... it's not  THAT impossible to me

46 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I don't think FF have anything "against" Download Festival, they were headlining the 2018 edition of Download Fest' in France so... it's not  THAT impossible to me

It might just be they find the promoter to be an arse.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah possibly but last year they were restricted as they were at R&L where as this year they won’t have the restriction and don’t forget it’ll still be a chunky pay check and are in Europe June 2021 with no UK date as yet. Plus it looks like Download will need a headliner or 2 to replace the bands that won’t be touring next year as mentioned in the Download thread. 

14 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah possibly but last year they were restricted as they were at R&L where as this year they won’t have the restriction and don’t forget it’ll still be a chunky pay check and are in Europe June 2021 with no UK date as yet. Plus it looks like Download will need a headliner or 2 to replace the bands that won’t be touring next year as mentioned in the Download thread. 

This year they also didn't have UK dates :) all dates are rescheduled except Nova Rock

But if they add Download which I doubt, then schedule could be something like this:

Nova Rock

2 - SOAD

3 - Volbeat

4 - Foos

5 - Seiler und shit

Download

4 - SOAD

5 - Kiss

6 - Foos

For 2020 Nova Rock was scheduled between Berlin and Milano, but next year, Nova Rock is before Berlin and that's the problem, they need to change route and that brings new expenses blabla

Edited by everest

1 hour ago, everest said:

This year they also didn't have UK dates :) all dates are rescheduled except Nova Rock

But if they add Download which I doubt, then schedule could be something like this:

Nova Rock

2 - SOAD

3 - Volbeat

4 - Foos

5 - Seiler und shit

Download

4 - SOAD

5 - Kiss

6 - Foos

For 2020 Nova Rock was scheduled between Berlin and Milano, but next year, Nova Rock is before Berlin and that's the problem, they need to change route and that brings new expenses blabla

Oh yeah, my post doesn’t make sense because I’m confused Foos schedule last year to this year. My point still stands that Nova and Download are missing headliners for 2021 and Foos are about so seems a definite option.