Boardmasters 2021

Will b

I would say that Boardmasters has very loyal fans but they spent so much on this year's lineup just for it to flop, I can't see them having tons of cash lying around honestly. Hope it goes okay for them as they really stepped up their lineup for this year so it sucks that it didn't pay off for them.

It's a very sad situation for this festival I remember going in 2016 when Jamiroqui headlined. Personally I think Boardmasters will go back to there old ways with headliners. There was a big significance with this year as it was 40th anniversary and they obviously had the problems with the year previous. So in the current state I think it's very unlikely for it to go down the pan as it's just a brilliant festival and very well-known. 2021 I would go for. 

Dave 

Red Hot Chilli Peppers 

The 1975

On 5/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, SighMo said:

Whether they'll survive the hit should be the question; two years on the bounce is disaster.

Boardmasters should be fine it got bought by a massive hedge fund backed company alongside Truck, Tramlines, Kendal, SW4 and Victorious. 

They'll be making some cut backs, saving some money crossing over the line ups even more across these festivals. 

Sziget, Flow, Elrow and Sónar are also part of the new festival group. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Like 1

The likes of biffy clyro, DMAs, Declan McKenna, everything everything, glass animals and the streets (although they’re headlining NASS) are all realeasing albums later this year so could be contenders 

also bands like the kooks  the wombats are “due” an album and have been in the lineup the last two cancelled years 

Also look at some of the artists they’ve had booked for this and last year that are regulars such as Dizzee rascal, Sam Fender and DJ Ez

finally the 1975 may look at coming back as they’ve had their Finsbury Park show rescheduled for next year 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, ReubenJ said:

Now we know for sure festivals will be increasingly likely to happen I’m looking forward to the lineup hopefully coming out in the coming weeks. My predictions are: 

Skepta

Royal Blood 

Gorrilaz 

theres already a thread mate, this is some ghost one nobody is using