Future of festivals...

Sawdusty surfer

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

funnily enough, someone msg'd me saying that a September fest is being considered with the decision being taken in January.

I can't guarantee that info is accurate of course, but I'm more inclined to believe it than not.

Having said that I'm not really sure that September makes a huge difference with June. There's a lot of reasons to be hopeful that things will have changed by June to allow the festival to go ahead (with either a vaccine or a testing regime), but if things haven't changed by June then I don't think there's a lot of hope to be found in an extra 3 months.

Might explain why they seem to be fishing around for headliners? Seeing who is available not just for June but also who could be moved to September if they make that call?

On 8/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, eFestivals said:

funnily enough, someone msg'd me saying that a September fest is being considered with the decision being taken in January.

I can't guarantee that info is accurate of course, but I'm more inclined to believe it than not.

Having said that I'm not really sure that September makes a huge difference with June. There's a lot of reasons to be hopeful that things will have changed by June to allow the festival to go ahead (with either a vaccine or a testing regime), but if things haven't changed by June then I don't think there's a lot of hope to be found in an extra 3 months.

Well at least that’s cleared up then! Fingers and toes crossed for June

Would it be feasible just to simply say, if you are over about 50 and/or have underlying health issues, just stay the fuck at home and dont go to festivals until we have a vaccine in place? Its not that difficult to work out. Anyone aged 50+ really shouldnt be camping in a field with a load of youngsters anyway, if they have any self respect. 

• Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Would it be feasible just to simply say, if you are over about 50 and/or have underlying health issues, just stay the fuck at home and dont go to festivals until we have a vaccine in place? Its not that difficult to work out. Anyone aged 50+ really shouldnt be camping in a field with a load of youngsters anyway, if they have any self respect. 

Now I've seen some bad takes in my time but this, this is up there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

I mean, you're obviously a troll, and I'm not 50+ anyway, but have you been to Glastonbury? Self respect? I spend the best part of a week shitting into a wheelie bin 🤣 I suppose that's ok because I'm young?

16 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

thanks for helping me make my decision .... I will be sure to try the resale .... and `I will be taking my type1 diabetes with me to the farm  ..... There is good coming out of a trolls post :)  cheers 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

thanks for helping me make my decision .... I will be sure to try the resale .... and `I will be taking my type1 diabetes with me to the farm  ..... There is good coming out of a trolls post :)  cheers 

Do you actually think its worth the risk? Personally if i was diabetic, id give things such as festivals a wide berth.  Getting twatted in a field for the best part of a week must play havoc with blood sugar levels, as the body takes one hell of a battering. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Diamond Geezer said:

Do you actually think its worth the risk? Personally if i was diabetic, id give things such as festivals a wide berth.  Getting twatted in a field for the best part of a week must play havoc with blood sugar levels, as the body takes one hell of a battering. 

yep ... its a great festival ..... and my control is fantastic .... thanks for the advice though ... :) .... oh and ive done 13 by the way 

Fair enough. I just dont think it would be a good idea- i've had some hairy moments at Glastonbury including being taken to the medical tent twice for overdoing the ketamine so id have thought chucking diabetes into the mix would be quite dangerous.

i do however stand by my 50+ opinion, its very cringey to see some proper old farts at festivals, spooking out the young by lurking at the back and not really being able to dance due to old age.   

• Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Fair enough. I just dont think it would be a good idea- i've had some hairy moments at Glastonbury including being taken to the medical tent twice for overdoing the ketamine so id have thought chucking diabetes into the mix would be quite dangerous.

i do however stand by my 50+ opinion, its very cringey to see some proper old farts at festivals, spooking out the young by lurking at the back and not really being able to dance due to old age.   

I’ll think u find the oldies outstay the youngsters on many occasions ... if u stay off the ket and out the medical centre you might notice :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

53 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Maybe you shouldve told those same people to have stayed home to not vote on Brexit since thats the lot which mucked it up all up isnt it. 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Maybe you shouldve told those same people to have stayed home to not vote on Brexit since thats the lot which mucked it up all up isnt it. 

Im not convinced people that go to Glastonbury are the Brexit voting types, even the old ones, as they think of themselves as really quirky going to a festival at their age when they should have packed it in a long time ago. You can tell this from the looks on people faces that Friday morning a few years ago when the news was announced, i found it pretty funny to be honest as the result we got was the correct one.

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Im not convinced people that go to Glastonbury are the Brexit voting types, even the old ones, as they think of themselves as really quirky going to a festival at their age when they should have packed it in a long time ago. You can tell this from the looks on people faces that Friday morning a few years ago when the news was announced, i found it pretty funny to be honest as the result we got was the correct one.

Yawn

2 hours ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Stop judging people. If you want to spend your 60th birthday in a field let people. You get on with your own festival. 

2 hours ago, Diamond Geezer said:

Maybe they should ban people who are shit at taking drugs from attending the festival. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Stop judging people. If you want to spend your 60th birthday in a field let people. You get on with your own festival. 

7 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Maybe they should ban people who are shit at taking drugs from attending the festival. 

I don't like to accuse people with a different opinion of not discussing in good faith, but you're being trolled. Don't feed them, they don't really give a shit about the festival either way, they're just trying to get a rise.

I strongly recommend ignoring them.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't like to accuse people with a different opinion of not discussing in good faith, but you're being trolled. Don't feed them, they don't really give a shit about the festival either way, they're just trying to get a rise.

I strongly recommend ignoring them.

I can’t resist telling someone on the Internet that they are shit at something. 

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so.... according to Reading and Leeds, the future of the festivals is festivals booking fewer acts and scamming the public with marketing, by reverting to festivals 1989 styleee.

Have they confirmed they'll have less stages this year? Seems a regression if so (and shit for the music industry and bands generally)