Future of festivals...

Sawdusty surfer

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What are the prices like for this? Would imagine they’d be higher than usual to cover the additional costs involved and fewer people.

I think it was 32.50 per person and 20.00 booking fee for your platform. Not too overpriced all things considered.

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

Imagine if they had to make the whole Glastonbury site a one way system, it would take forever to get from stage A to stage B, or would it be more free flowing and not that bad?

anyone want to attempt drawing one on a map :-£

It would be worse than the Leeds one way system. 

6 hours ago, morph100 said:

Imagine if they had to make the whole Glastonbury site a one way system, it would take forever to get from stage A to stage B, or would it be more free flowing and not that bad?

anyone want to attempt drawing one on a map :-£

Some sort of huge, constantly moving travelator is the only practical solution.

Snd if you miss your stop you have to go all the way around the site again.

16 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I mean, good luck to everyone involved, I hope it works out, I really do. But I'm never going to spend my money on this kind of set up. 

I would.

Partly for the novelty factor but mainly because it’s six months since my last gig. Right now I’d settle for watching the Kaiser Chiefs through a powerful telescope.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, Homer said:

Socially distanced all-day dance fest/s going ahead (apparently) in Maidstone.

Basically putting people in pods of six that they can only leave to go to the toilet. Seems to be like the car events but without cars.

https://www.revivalfestuk.com/event

Update from these guys. Be surprised if they can get the second event away with reduced restrictions:

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

After receiving a number of messages from customers, we have decided to issue the following statement regarding Revival in The Park on Saturday 26th September:

We're in the hope that government guidelines will change before the event takes place, so that we can operate the event in the format that we all know and love, however if guidance has not changed, we will be operating the event in a similar (not identical) format to our social distancing event that is taking place on Saturday 29th August.

With the exception of a second government lockdown, this event will definitely take place on Saturday 26th September and we hope to welcome you all.

All tickets are also valid for our 2021 events, should you wish to attend those instead (Saturday 29th May & Saturday 25th September 2021).

Tickets: www.revivalfestuk.com

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I would.

Partly for the novelty factor but mainly because it’s six months since my last gig. Right now I’d settle for watching the Kaiser Chiefs through a powerful telescope.

Yeah I'm very much up for it - if its that or nothing I'd go for that every time.

Quite a big moment actually - that is the first major gig since lockdown 

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I mean, good luck to everyone involved, I hope it works out, I really do. But I'm never going to spend my money on this kind of set up. 

Yeah, I agree. Not for me either. That’s not what I love about festivals.

That said, the event industry is dying so whatever helps them in the fucktuation. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stuie said:

Yeah, I agree. Not for me either. That’s not what I love about festivals.

That said, the event industry is dying so whatever helps them in the fucktuation. 

Yeah I’m on the same boat, I couldn’t think of anything worse. It’s really not what live music is about so I don’t want that becoming the norm. I can’t see it being financially viable either. 

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Were they planning on doing it socially distanced?

yeah. I did a long interview with one of the Call Of The Wild guys a few weeks back.
https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/callofthewild/2020/interview.shtml

Waste of time that was. :P 

There are a few other things going on, but they're the sort of thing where you book a table or specific spot. Not really the same.