Future of festivals...

Sawdusty surfer

This one seems to think it's still going ahead, though no sign of tickets. V tempted - love DJ Yoda (obvs) and Norman J was v good at the last Glasto (he was playing D&B in a tree by the Greenpeace stage after Elvana; great warmup for the Chems (and, indeed, the chems)).

https://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on/kaleidoscope-presents-unlocked/

Seem to recall they had Groove Armada originally. Be interesting to see what they bring up.

Ally Pally also doing outdoor comedy; be interrested if anyone else knows anywhere else doing stuff like this as am keen.

54 minutes ago, Homer said:

This one seems to think it's still going ahead, though no sign of tickets. V tempted - love DJ Yoda (obvs) and Norman J was v good at the last Glasto (he was playing D&B in a tree by the Greenpeace stage after Elvana; great warmup for the Chems (and, indeed, the chems)).

Seem to recall they had Groove Armada originally. Be interesting to see what they bring up.

Ally Pally also doing outdoor comedy; be interrested if anyone else knows anywhere else doing stuff like this as am keen.

Wonder why no tickets yet? Is that a bit weird?

Battersea Arts Club are doing outdoor comedy I think? You might know that already.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Battersea Arts Club are doing outdoor comedy I think? You might know that already.

Yeah, I thought the same. I looked on FAQs and it said only 2,500 capacity and they will be allocated to those who registered first (I think I did months back).

Saw that ta. Not a huge Russell Howard fan and it's all sold out. I got a ticket to the New Normal Fest to see Sara Pascoe a week Friday though (also around Clap).

Going to this the next night too. Thought we may as well go on a Sat night, have a few pints first and I'll try and convince myswlf I'm at a rave!

https://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/electronic-from-kraftwerk-to-the-chemical-brothers

Edited by Homer

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Greenwich comedy Festival going ahead end of September with social distancing

Saw that ta. Went years ago and it was quite good (saw the improv guys who play at Glasto in the Astrolabe, inc Phill Jupitus). Thought the line-up looked a bit rubbish for the money, bar the Alan Davies one.

5 hours ago, Homer said:

They're putting in place a number of processes to make sure its as safe and have had some good success with other things like the big outdoor beer garden which was really well run.

(I'm a local cllr in the area and know they're pulling out all the stops for this)

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

They're putting in place a number of processes to make sure its as safe and have had some good success with other things like the big outdoor beer garden which was really well run.

(I'm a local cllr in the area and know they're pulling out all the stops for this)

Ah great, ta. I've been to the free StrEAT Food events in previous years and been impressed so really want to go to this one. Hopefully tix will be on sale soon!

13 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

hedging their bets, I guess. It's easier if they don't have to refund, and a smallish number of tickets can be sold in the few days before it happens - if it happens.

Imagine if they had to make the whole Glastonbury site a one way system, it would take forever to get from stage A to stage B, or would it be more free flowing and not that bad?

anyone want to attempt drawing one on a map :-£

On 8/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Just reading the posts about See tickets holding the deposits and it has me wondering about the state of their financing. 

They won’t be receiving any income at all while gigs and festivals aren’t happening. If they go under then what happens? Although I can’t imagine they have vast overheads so hopefully they have been able to keep costs down especially if their staff is being furloughed. 

I’m not 100% sure how it works for deposits on tickets but I would imagine that our deposit would come under ‘CASS client money’ regulations. I.e See have to ring fence it and can’t use it for other purposes until it is passed onto the festival organisers.

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

Imagine if they had to make the whole Glastonbury site a one way system, it would take forever to get from stage A to stage B, or would it be more free flowing and not that bad?

anyone want to attempt drawing one on a map :-£

It would be a disaster but I think it would be possible with a set of smaller circular one way systems leading to bigger one way systems. I'm kind of tempted to try.

15 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

first night of the unity arena in Newcastle today,  will be intresting to see what the atmosphere is like and how it compares to a normal gig.

Wish them all the luck in the world though. 

Knowing their luck and his reputation, it'll be called off with Sam Fender being ill!

16 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Knowing their luck and his reputation, it'll be called off with Sam Fender being ill!

Seeing this made me chuckle, my mate has been due to watch him 3 times if you include his glasto set last time around and all have been cancelled due to illness.

In fact his gig in Bristol got cancelled then the rearranged one got cancelled as well :lol: