Graspop 2021

Archi

On 12/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, Ken19 said:

No, it has something to do with Werchter.

Thanks, Ken - I know some people are looking at GnR for RW, but could it be Metallica related, I wonder? i.e. RW currently hold the option of having SOAD but will release them to GMM only if they can get Metallica... 

13 minutes ago, Booster said:

Thanks, Ken - I know some people are looking at GnR for RW, but could it be Metallica related, I wonder? i.e. RW currently hold the option of having SOAD but will release them to GMM only if they can get Metallica... 

SOAD are not available anymore early July, when Rock Werchter happens. It's why a few festivals move their dates to early June. So it's Graspop or no festival in Belgium for them in 2021.

29 minutes ago, demontje said:

Hopefully we will get to know the last headliner tomorrow with the announcement each year on the day of saint nicholas. Fingers crossed it's SOAD 🤞

Festivals have never announced during the weekend. I don't remember any exceptions for Graspop. But maybe we could have this announcement on Monday 7th December. Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Thy Art Is MurderNorthlane and In Hearts Wake are some of the headliners of a festival in Australia announced this morning for... Saturday 12th June. Per example, Northlane are supposed to play the weekend before at Download and the weekend after at Graspop. Not possible to do shows in Europe, then Australia, then back in Europe, all in 2 weeks.

55 minutes ago, Archi said:

Thy Art Is MurderNorthlane and In Hearts Wake are some of the headliners of a festival in Australia announced this morning for... Saturday 12th June. Per example, Northlane are supposed to play the weekend before at Download and the weekend after at Graspop. Not possible to do shows in Europe, then Australia, then back in Europe, all in 2 weeks.

Interesting, Northlane are actually confirmed for Rock for People in Czechia which is supposed to happen on 10-12th June next year. Looks like they changed their plans... but tbh I'm not surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The rules are not the same in France and in Belgium. But not a surprise all French festivals are cancelled as they are allowed to have 5000 maximum with sitting places. Small festivals will maybe happen. But not the medium-size/biggest festivals.

It's not possible with the actual situation to have any big events like festivals, Euro or Olympic Games. Or we move everything to New Zealand where they have shows in stadium with +30k people since a month.

35 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Graspop is certainly a no go in their normal weekend. But if festivals are allowed, they’ll switch dates. 

So there's a possibility that the artists change their agenda too ? it would needs others festivals like Download UK or Rock am Ring to be also allowed .. lol I want to have hope for September, but afraid to be hurt again 😂

Behind the scenes a move to the beginning of august was on the table for a long time (Wacken period), but the bands who are touring are a problem for the moment. A lot of them are postponing their tours to 2022. Because of the cancellation of Hellfest and other big metal festivals. 

So, a full normal Graspop was impossible in august. That is why the tickets are valuable for 2022. But I still expect something that periode, a smaller sized Graspop. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Behind the scenes a move to the beginning of august was on the table for a long time (Wacken period), but the bands who are touring are a problem for the moment. A lot of them are postponing their tours to 2022. Because of the cancellation of Hellfest and other big metal festivals. 

So, a full normal Graspop was impossible in august. That is why the tickets are valuable for 2022. But I still expect something that periode, a smaller sized Graspop. 

Do you have any idea who the proposed headliner was for the friday? Was it SOAD?