Graspop 2021

Archi

On 8/5/2020 at 10:20 AM, Archi said:

Iron Maiden the biggest act of 2020 line-up? Quite the same level between them and Aerosmith :) 

I think they'll keep 4-days event for the following years. It works well, they can book more bands, more headliners and it doesn't so much more works to build the festival as everything has already been ready (or almost) on Thursday the years before. So we could have "XXL" editions with 4 days but more classic headliners.

No they are not. Iron Maiden means a loaded GraSpop field. Aerosmith not.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think 80 to 90% of the 2020 line-up will return. I am curious which bands will fill the gaps of bands not returning. Could Nightwish be a possibility as they have rescheduled their European tour to may 2021?

I hope we can expect some names before 15 september, so we can decide if we want to keep our ticket for next year or switch 😀

Edited by Ravenouz

With Nightwish now playing Antwerp in May, there're 0% chance they play at GraspopEvanescence have rescheduled their shows in Brussels in September, they'll tour in Europe all this month so I can't see them playing festivals 2 months before - even if indoor shows are selling well.

Hopefully they'll announce names before September 15th indeed. Maybe some news for Rock Werchter on this Friday and for Graspop on Monday.

I guess System Of A Down will finally play Graspop too.

Thursday
MS1: Volbeat - Dropkick Murphys - Mastodon...
MS2: Mercyful Fate - Gojira - P.O.D...

Friday
MS1: System Of A Down - Heaven Shall Burn - Alestorm...
MS2: Faith No More - Powerwolf - Steel Panther... 

Saturday
MS1: Judas Priest - Saxon - Foreigner...
MS2: Korn - TBA - Down...

Sunday
MS1: Aerosmith - Deep Purple - Skillet...
MS2: The Offspring - Deftones - Killswitch Engage...

In the biggest acts, I guess we only miss the sub for Korn on Saturday and the headliner on Friday (System Of A Down). Sad the line-up of the Main Stage on Friday is a bit weird below the headliners. It remains me when they booked Rammstein with this old-school line-up around... We miss a band like Five Finger Death Punch or Alter Bridge in the higher spots or fresh bands like Babymetal and Enter Shikari in the afternoon.

Edited by Archi

I think there is indeed a good chance that SOAD will be the missing headliner and that this was already arranged by Live Nation months ago, with the consequence that Iron Maiden moved to the Sportpaleis. That would be a very sensible move for Graspop's 25th anniversary, after all the nagging last year ...

Red Hot Chili Peppers closes Werchter's Sunday. As a result, SOAD moves to another day or to GMM. Volbeat was scheduled for this metal Sunday with SOAD and is now playing on GMM.

Why would they keep the Friday headliner a secret? Probably because they know this will hit like a bomb. SOAD plays in Lisbon on Wednesdays and at Hellfest on Sundays. All stars are favorable...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/54-system-of-a-down?came_from=257

afbeelding.png.6235eaaa74b583a72207e16facc3a63a.png

• 1 month later...

What a weird time to announce new names... Tickets go on sale on Monday morning.

- A Day To Remember
- Amaranthe
- Bullet For My Valentine
- Bütcher
- Creeper
- Ihsahn
- Megadeth
- Monster Magnet
- Perturbator
- Spiritbox
- Suicidal Tendencies
- The Pretty Reckless

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Weird that the last headliner hasn't been announced yet. Everything points towards SOAD, but why hold back announcing them if booked?

I have in my mind that either (i) there's still a really big name in play (e.g. AC/DC, Metallica), or (ii) SOAD are booked, but not necessarily for the Friday - they could play on Thursday above Volbeat, or on Saturday above JP - and Friday will be a biggish name, my hunch being the Scorpions.

Pure speculation on my part, but just rebooked flights, am feeling optimistic that this is going to happen.

1 hour ago, Booster said:

Weird that the last headliner hasn't been announced yet. Everything points towards SOAD, but why hold back announcing them if booked?

I have in my mind that either (i) there's still a really big name in play (e.g. AC/DC, Metallica), or (ii) SOAD are booked, but not necessarily for the Friday - they could play on Thursday above Volbeat, or on Saturday above JP - and Friday will be a biggish name, my hunch being the Scorpions.

Pure speculation on my part, but just rebooked flights, am feeling optimistic that this is going to happen.

No, it has something to do with Werchter.

5 hours ago, Booster said:

Scorpions? Really? This band is boring live and they should have stop touring since a while. And they're not bigger than System Of A DownVolbeat are one of the favorite bands / most booked bands as headliners in the last decade. I don't see Graspop give them a co-headline. Hopefully, one day, we gonna have a proper poster of the line-up.

If the confirmation of the last headliner has something to do with Rock Werchter like said @Ken19, I guess it's about Guns N Roses... even if I don't imagine them headlining RW in 2021.