Graspop 2021

Archi

Like all the festivals, Graspop is cancelled this year and will be back to celebrate his 25th Birthday in 2021, from 17 June to 20 June. We should get a lot of bands from 2020's line-up.

One thing sure: Iron Maiden is out as they'll play in Antwerp one week later. Waiting more informations for the other headliners & the rest of the line-up.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Funny to see that the Graspop crowd is already asking/crying about SOAD on their socials. Again. 
A really special crowd. Very loyal. But complaining about everything. 

You have the young and old crowd: one side so happy to see Aerosmith or Iron Maiden again and again, the young expecting System Of A Down, Rammstein, SlipKnot... and everyone wanting Metallica! Hopefully after Monday, they won't ask so much SOAD.

Any updates about GNR btw, @Ken19?

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, Death By Sexy said:

Belgian tradition. 

Not a Belgian tradition. Most a human tradition. Especially on Internet: people always come to complain, a minority to send good vibes.

A good news is that we won't have Kiss as headliners in 2021 as they'll play in Antwerp earlier in June for their farewell tour. They won't play any festivals (just Download I guess as they've 6 days in a row without shows around the first weekend of June).

On 7/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, polnico said:

If SOAD can't stay in EU until RW, any chance they'll end up at Graspop ? Unless they just wait to come back to werchter in 2022.

I reckon they'll do both, Graspop don't exactly have a huge pool of headliners to choose from.

With Iron Maiden being by far the biggest name on the lineup in 2020, I wonder which big acts they'll have to replace them. And in fact, the roster of big names was already thin in 2020 because there was clearly another big one that cancelled, making Faith No More the only big one on one day. 

With Guns 'n Roses out of the picture, I'm really curious what they have up their sleeves, especially considering they chose to have another XXL edition next year.   

Iron Maiden the biggest act of 2020 line-up? Quite the same level between them and Aerosmith :) 

I think they'll keep 4-days event for the following years. It works well, they can book more bands, more headliners and it doesn't so much more works to build the festival as everything has already been ready (or almost) on Thursday the years before. So we could have "XXL" editions with 4 days but more classic headliners.

8 minutes ago, Archi said:

Iron Maiden the biggest act of 2020 line-up? Quite the same level between them and Aerosmith :) 

I would beg to differ. I think Maiden is definitely a much bigger deal for Graspop. (I'm not devaluating Aerosmith by any means, mind!)

But I'm curious which kind of big act they have instead. Especially considering 'Judas Priest + Korn' and Faith No More as a sole headliner were quit weak for Graspop.  

For the moment only SOAD could be considered as a big act for thursday if they are coming, the rest will stay the same, with the exception of Alter Bridge and Disturbed.

Have a look at Hellfest, with all respect for those bands, I don't consider Deftones & Volbeat or FNM & Deep Purple more Headliner material than JP & Korn ...

3 hours ago, Endersix said:

For the moment only SOAD could be considered as a big act for thursday if they are coming, the rest will stay the same, with the exception of Alter Bridge and Disturbed.

Well, even in 2020 friday still needed a headliner didn't it? Can't see any MS2 contender on that day, considering FNM closes de MS1. 

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Well, even in 2020 friday still needed a headliner didn't it? Can't see any MS2 contender on that day, considering FNM closes de MS1. 

I was expecting an act like Nightwish to close the MS2 on Friday. But the "headliner" of this day was Faith No More.