Festival streaks coming to an end?

WS_Jack_III

So since none of us will be going to festivals this summer. What are your streaks that will end?

• Haven't missed a Glastonbury since 2005 ( although technically we pass this off as a fallow)
  • First summer since 2005 I won't be at a music festival
  • Going hand in hand with that, first time in 3 years i won't be uploading festival highlight reels to my YouTube channel

All this dawn on me the other night 😭

yeah first year of no festivals since 2004, and first year of not going to multiple festivals since 2010. Weirdly I was getting a bit jaded with it last year as I went to too many I think, including day festivals. Had Mad Cool booked more for the holiday with friends, and was going to try for Glastonbury tickets with Kendal Calling and/or 110 Above as my backups if unsuccessful 

was just going to knock the day ones on the head really. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

First Glastonbury in '85, not missed one since.

First festival '82, been to festival/s every year since. 

First Free Festival '84, been to a Free Festival or Free Party every year since. Am expecting Free Parties to occur in the next couple of months. Rather uncomfortable about that.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think I misinterpreted the meaning of this thread title.  

There was a naked guy at Bestival. Security were not happy. Hauled him away in handcuffs and the security guard elbowed him in the face as he marched him. We went and complained and got threatened with being thrown out of the bestival. This was all quite bizarre as I was dressed as Tina Turner at the same time.

He was on here months later appealing for help as he was a teacher and was being threatened with being put on the sex offenders register and losing his job (teacher). Seemed a bit OTT but I left him to it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

There was a naked guy at Bestival. Security were not happy. Hauled him away in handcuffs and the security guard elbowed him in the face as he marched him. We went and complained and got threatened with being thrown out of the bestival. This was all quite bizarre as I was dressed as Tina Turner at the same time.

He was on here months later appealing for help as he was a teacher and was being threatened with being put on the sex offenders register and losing his job (teacher). Seemed a bit OTT but I left him to it.

This is a terrible story. And completely out of order. I hope he was ok!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

This is a terrible story. And completely out of order. I hope he was ok!

Sadly we tried at the time but dIdn't seem much we could do after the fact.

The guy wasn't doing any harm. He was walking around v 'deadpan' and matter of fact. With no clothes on.

During this argument where I was Tina Turner, I was accompanied by Teen Wolf, Boy George and Fred Flintstone.

• Upvote 3