Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I know Pulp's Twitter had a smidge of activity a while back. It's a bit weird they're choosing the 26th anniversary of Different Class to reform. 

They were last on hiatus for 9 years. Next year it will be, er, 9 years that they've been on the latest hiatus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it could happen, although I think he's touring that Jarv Is project later in the year (postponed from May) so I imagine he'd want to get that out the way first 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They were last on hiatus for 9 years. Next year it will be, er, 9 years that they've been on the latest hiatus.

Oh that confirms them then!!! 😂

Honestly I'd love a Pulp reunion, seeing them would make my year. But I think as long as he's pushing Jarv Is (ugh) it aint happening.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulp is wishful thinking, sadly. It'd be nice but I can't see it happening, he seems pretty committed to the Jarv project at the moment.

I do think it's interesting that they're probably going to try and roll over a lot of artists from this year's fest, but also there's now going to be a lot of other artists that'll have albums out in the next 12 months that will be wanting to do festivals as well.

It could make for some very strong events right across the continent, and artists might be willing to take lesser fees so it's a bit more financially safe for festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking more as a one off Pulp concert (I doubt they need to rehearse much) as a teaser/showcase for a later tour. A bit like Pavement really. And hasn't stopped Stephen Malkmus doing his thing.

Thinking about this year's festival, we (well, those coming from abroad) are lucky in one aspect as airlines will cancel flights. Those with festivals later in the Summer may be faced with a flight that goes ahead that they can't get out of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of flights, I'm still uncertain about what's happening. I've got flights booked with Ryanair, from the 1st-8th June this year. Haven't heard anything from them yet.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I was thinking more as a one off Pulp concert (I doubt they need to rehearse much) as a teaser/showcase for a later tour.

Maybe, but I think they'd probably choose Glastonbury again for this kind of thing. I'd love to see them live but until there's any concrete rumours I'm keeping my hopes low. I'd certainly go and catch JARV IS though if he's/they're booked.

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Speaking of flights, I'm still uncertain about what's happening. I've got flights booked with Ryanair, from the 1st-8th June this year. Haven't heard anything from them yet.. 

Same, both mine were with Ryanair. Most airlines are only contacting people the week before - or even the week of, in some cases - so I'm not expecting to hear anything for a bit.

Edited by jannybruck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Orens said:

 

Kind of incredible to read only 15% of people chose to refund. I wonder how different that will be for other festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Kind of incredible to read only 15% of people chose to refund. I wonder how different that will be for other festivals.

Unfortunately Roskilde had a very limited window in which to request a refund. Plus it's one of the most popular festivals in northern Europe so perhaps people were worried about not getting s ticket to 2021. My Roskilde friends think it's the best festival in the  world, and I imagine many more of their customers feel the same way lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I reading this forum too much if I think that the relive primavera video of Bon Iver disappearing (it's the only one disappeared) from youtube could be a sing of them being booked for the next edition? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whos3000 said:

Am I reading this forum too much if I think that the relive primavera video of Bon Iver disappearing (it's the only one disappeared) from youtube could be a sing of them being booked for the next edition? 

Just a licensing issue, surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 3:25 AM, xxialac said:

One problem they have is keeping enough females in the shortlist. It's already very thin as it is and if they don't get a commitment from LDR it creates an immmediate issue.

What immediate issue would that be? Them committing to The New Normal does not mean they need to ensure a similar ratio of female headliners (as this year already showed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

What immediate issue would that be? Them committing to The New Normal does not mean they need to ensure a similar ratio of female headliners (as this year already showed).

The 2020 headliners were: Massive Attack, Pavement, The National, The Strokes, Lana del Rey, Tyler, Bad Bunny, Disclosure

They can't keep the same names and swap LDR for a male act, that's the only thing I was saying. 

0% female headliners is not a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xxialac said:

The 2020 headliners were: Massive Attack, Pavement, The National, The Strokes, Lana del Rey, Tyler, Bad Bunny, Disclosure

They can't keep the same names and swap LDR for a male act, that's the only thing I was saying. 

0% female headliners is not a good look.

there are some female singers available next year that wasn't available this one: Grimes will be back from giving birth and might tour, St. Vincent and Mitski that took a break from touring and might return 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosalia is working on a new record in LA, that one should be huge specially in Spanish speaking markets. If they ad her on top of the existing line up, thats a sold out fest for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Rosalia is working on a new record in LA, that one should be huge specially in Spanish speaking markets. If they ad her on top of the existing line up, thats a sold out fest for sure.

 

Good thinking - would guarantee it.

I''m thinking the "special benefits" will be some corporate branded merch plus maybe a chance to win a free ticket for life.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

there are some female singers available next year that wasn't available this one: Grimes will be back from giving birth and might tour, St. Vincent and Mitski that took a break from touring and might return 

I think Mitski has said no more touring in general for her. St Vincent on the other hand, I pray!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I think Mitski has said no more touring in general for her.

Having seen her live last year, I wouldn't say that it's much of a loss 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, xxialac said:

The 2020 headliners were: Massive Attack, Pavement, The National, The Strokes, Lana del Rey, Tyler, Bad Bunny, Disclosure

They can't keep the same names and swap LDR for a male act, that's the only thing I was saying. 

0% female headliners is not a good look.

If LDR drops out, I don't think it'll be hard to find a female headliner of equal stature. Plenty of acts are itching to get back on the road and make that $$$$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...