Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

There are 95% chances of having:

The National (already confirmed at Rock in Rio Lisboa in middle June);

Tyler, the Creator (already confirmed for Orange at the same dates of Primavera)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (confirmed at Piknik i Parken, middle June)

Fontaines D.C. (confirmed at Hurricane/Southside, middle June)

Georgia (confirmed at Hurricane/Southside, middle June)

Brockhampton (gap in their May/June 2021 tour dates)

Einstürzende Neubauten (gap in their May/June 2021 tour dates)

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How about we play a little game?

Pick 10 artists that you think will be announced on June 3rd.

- 1 point if they were announced for P2020 and are active next summer

- 2 points if they were announced for P2020 but have not indicated whether they'll be active next summer

- 3 points if it's an act that wasn't announced for P2020

Prize TBA

Pavement
The Strokes
Bad Bunny
NIN
Bauhaus
Tyler
Caribou
DJ Shadow
Lena Del Rey
Shallec

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How about we play a little game?

Pavement
The National
NIN
Portishead
Thom Yorke
Four Tet
Massive Attack
Tyler The Creator
Caribou
Disclosure

I think we’ll get a couple of exclusives, similar to Pavement last year, they could have easily announced some rollover artists yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What do we reckon the chances of them announcing a new act are? 

I think it will be mainly (only) acts from this years Line-Up. They want people to keep their tickets (even day tickets, I guess).

People who bought tickets for The Strokes and Lana Del Rey for example might ask for refund if they don't return. So if they are booked for 2021 they will be announced on June 3rd.

The biggest threat is to loose liquidity because ticket holders don't see their bands listed they bought tickets for. New customers are not their main target.

Edited by Createur

6 minutes ago, Createur said:

I think it will be mainly (only) acts from this years Line-Up. They want people to keep their tickets (even day tickets, I guess).

People who bought tickets for The Strokes and Lana Del Rey for example might ask for refund if they don't return. So if they are booked for 2021 they will be announced on June 3rd.

The biggest threat is to loose liquidity because ticket holders don't see their bands listed they bought tickets for. New customers are not their main target.

They will want to make a big WOW that will keep people in. 

so I guess it is the current headliners that they are able to keep, plus if they have a huge name for next year (Portishead?), they'll drop it as well

Could see Fiona Apple as an act Primavera have nabbed personally, and possibly one that would come with the first announcement of names. That 10 from Pitchfork has certainly got people talking about her again so would be a big deal to be able to have her first announced live show of 2021. All speculation though of course, and she’s probably just not playing.

8 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

There are 95% chances of having:

The National (already confirmed at Rock in Rio Lisboa in middle June);

Tyler, the Creator (already confirmed for Orange at the same dates of Primavera)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (confirmed at Piknik i Parken, middle June)

Fontaines D.C. (confirmed at Hurricane/Southside, middle June)

Georgia (confirmed at Hurricane/Southside, middle June)

Brockhampton (gap in their May/June 2021 tour dates)

Einstürzende Neubauten (gap in their May/June 2021 tour dates)

Brockhampton also already confirmed for Orange at the same dates of Primavera.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

And they've both had Arcade Fire, The Cure and Radiohead headline in the last eight years.

Edit: not yet at the stage of booking big non-rock/more mainstream headliners aka artists such as Frank Ocean, Kendrick, Travis Scott, Beyonce, Kanye West. Maybe because these are more linked to the American scene so they will tend to favour coachella or maybe because PS has a more underground/indie heart I reckon we shouldn't expect this kind of names that have a way more mainstream appeal than, let's say, tame impala (and yes, tame impala make pretty mainstream music but still, you can't compare them with Travis Scott). 

Conversely, if there is a festival that a really big and still at the top of the game alternative rock band like radiohead would play is PS. the problem is: how many rock band of their size can we count active and vital today? I think one of the people at the top of PS mentioned that one of the problem of the festival wad the ever rising cachés of the artists. I think he was specifically addressing this problem: what is considered contemporary "good music" has progressively been shifting from band that PS could easily afford to huge, more mainstream pop/rap names, I guess more expensive given the bigger sales and so on

Edited by whos3000

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Please don't get my hopes up. Feel like people always make this prediction even when there's absolutely no indication that they'll be reforming :(

Sorry, all I will say is that they will surely re-reform at some point and he has a lot of history with the festival.