Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 hour ago, whos3000 said:

I mean it would be really weird having them annoucend on the radio and finally not on the line up but that would explain why we have an extra headliner... And if it's really tame and gorillaz for LDR and MA then I have to say the line up got considerably worse 

I have to agree with you on this, I can't say I'm particularly excited about having the usual indie rock bands as headliners (Strokes, National, Tame Impala) and I'm not all that interested in Gorillaz either... I saw Massive Attack live in 2018 so it's not that big of a deal for me if they don't play PS2021 but I would still prefer them to Tame Impala (they just played in 2019 and the new album is not all that great). 

It would be great to have a female headliner to replace Lana, I'm not sure if Fka can be considered as a headliner, she is pretty big but I don't think she will play on the main stage (or at least I hope, I would prefer to see her on the Ray ban stage again haha). And that's still only one name, we need replacements for most of the 'big' female artists, though some of them might be re-confirmed later (King Princess, Brittany Howard, Kacey Musgraves, Kim Gordon)...

6 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

I have to agree with you on this, I can't say I'm particularly excited about having the usual indie rock bands as headliners (Strokes, National, Tame Impala) and I'm not all that interested in Gorillaz either... I saw Massive Attack live in 2018 so it's not that big of a deal for me if they don't play PS2021 but I would still prefer them to Tame Impala (they just played in 2019 and the new album is not all that great). 

It would be great to have a female headliner to replace Lana, I'm not sure if Fka can be considered as a headliner, she is pretty big but I don't think she will play on the main stage (or at least I hope, I would prefer to see her on the Ray ban stage again haha). And that's still only one name, we need replacements for most of the 'big' female artists, though some of them might be re-confirmed later (King Princess, Brittany Howard, Kacey Musgraves, Kim Gordon)...

I don't care about MA that much either since I saw them with the mezzanine tour recently but for PS to work for me, it should have at least a name from the more electronic/moody side of alternative rock every year (see Radiohead, bjork in past editions). Otherwise it becomes not that different from other more commercial festivals. And I know about the undercards but I would like to spend 150-200 euros also for some good headliners, possibly :D so if they get replaced with NIN, all good, wow. But as it looks their replacement is gorillaz I feel like the line up loses an important piece, when it comes to variety

Edited by whos3000

12 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

And I know about the undercards but I would like to spend 150-200 euros also for some good headliners, possibly :D so if they get replaced with NIN, all good, wow. But as it looks their replacement is gorillaz I feel like the line up loses an important piece, when it comes to variety

Yes seeing how varied the rest of the lineup is I would have liked some surprise headliners or at least something different, I don't want to complain too much because I still want to see Tyler and Pavement, but something like NIN would have been great (at this point I don't think any other headliner will be added, maybe a female singer to replace Lana)

You might not like them of course but Gorillaz, Tame Impala, FKA Twigs and Autechre weren't predicted by anyone to be on next year's lineup and do count as something new for me.

They could simply have run with a diluted version of this year's lineup given the cash constraints.

• Upvote 2

Mad lineup, probably the best of 2021. Tame, Twigs, IDLES being added makes it so much more appealing and added on to the great reviews it has, it is something to look at.

Those who have been to the festival, does VIP matter at all, does it significantly improve the festival or is it just as good normally for the 150 quid.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You might not like them of course but Gorillaz, Tame Impala, FKA Twigs and Autechre weren't predicted by anyone to be on next year's lineup and do count as something new for me.

They could simply have run with a diluted version of this year's lineup given the cash constraints.

I really like the lineup so far, there are dozens of artists I want to see and plenty of new additions that I like (Idles, Autechre, Jorja Smith and also Fka, even if I didn't expect her to be back so soon), I'm just not that impressed by the headliners, but I understand that after this year's cancellation they need to sell tickets and the Strokes/Tame Impala will attract a huge crowd (I personally would have preferred something different from the same usual indie bands, but again, that's just me, I know there are many people who want to see them).

In my opinion, their strategy was to "force" people to keep their ticket. The ones like me, that buy the ticket one year in advance (with no clues about who is playing) were not the main concern right now. They tried to appeal to the ones that bought the ticket based on this year's (2020) lineup. Based on that, they launched the new names. But everybody knows that some other good names (perhaps some like NIN) will be released later. They cannot make a festival with only the tickets sold this year and the new ones at 165 €. Probably an important part will require a refund. They will not show all the cards at this moment.

But even that happens, I am already happy. In my opinion, the new aditions improve the lineup (even I want to see Arthur Verocai, Sudan Archives, Mavis Staples and Bill Callahan added to the bill).

Edited by MeMeMeM

14 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'd say not for the difference in price no, there's a few perks but nothing seismic. 

In the past the gap in cost wasn't as massive and for many it was worth it. Now I think VIP is overpriced.

Crucially you can still get to the front of stages without VIP if you are keen.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In the past the gap in cost wasn't as massive and for many it was worth it. Now I think VIP is overpriced.

Crucially you can still get to the front of stages without VIP if you are keen.

You still have a good time not being near the front, you take in the atmosphere more, you can always get to the front without camping and doing so takes away from the whole experience and makes you so eager to get there you miss other acts and experiences you can see also through worst case scenario being in the middle or a bit more back.

For nearly double it seems quite a lot but I haven't been so hence why I was asking. IDLES/Fontaines will be early and after them head to the main stage. Only headliners I wanna see are Tame, Strokes, National and FKA Twigs, Gorillaz maybe (pretty much all of them thinking about it.)

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

You still have a good time not being near the front, you take in the atmosphere more, you can always get to the front without camping and doing so takes away from the whole experience and makes you so eager to get there you miss other acts and experiences you can see also through worst case scenario being in the middle or a bit more back.

For nearly double it seems quite a lot but I haven't been so hence why I was asking. IDLES/Fontaines will be early and after them head to the main stage. Only headliners I wanna see are Tame, Strokes, National and FKA Twigs, Gorillaz maybe (pretty much all of them thinking about it.)

So you haven't been before. Worth noting that the two main stages are opposite each other so if you don' t move much you can be at the back for one and front for the other.

Are you aware of what time shows take place?!

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It doesn't really work like that. Idles / Fontaines will probably be on at the same time as the headliners or afterwards. I can see Idles going on the Ray-Ban stage at about 1 or 2 o clock.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

So you haven't been before. Worth noting that the two main stages are opposite each other so if you don' t move much you can be at the back for one and front for the other.

Are you aware of what time shows take place?!

1 minute ago, Declan said:

It doesn't really work like that. Idles / Fontaines will probably be on at the same time as the headliners or afterwards. I can see Idles going on the Ray-Ban stage at about 1 or 2 o clock.

I haven't been, thanks for saying how it works, its kinda hard to find any information on things like that online and the different things and how it works. I'm gonna buy a ticket and try it out and see what comes of it.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I haven't been, thanks for saying how it works, its kinda hard to find any information on things like that online and the different things and how it works. I'm gonna buy a ticket and try it out and see what comes of it.

Look at previous clashfinders, that gives you the best impression of how the festival tends to run and which sort of acts play in which sort of slots. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, riseupandkill said:

we gotta stop calling it the ray ban stage right? or are they back on board now?

It will always be the rayban stage to me and I'd boycott any new name change. It's too good a stage to mess around with after all the years. Imagine someone like Dice might try to nobble it though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It will always be the rayban stage to me and I'd boycott any new name change. It's too good a stage to mess around with after all the years. Imagine someone like Dice might try to nobble it though.

i sort of half remember what it had turned into, ie the new sponsor. but now i forget. 

the ATP stage is still alive and well for me too

Edited by riseupandkill

I was also thinking that since MA were mentioned by Gabi and they were at least in a poster (togheter with all the other headliners) there must be an additional headliner slot, being them or not. Otherwise they would have been discarded from the start, no? 

Unfortunately I think we won't be answered before end of summer /winter, as there would be no point in dropping other names right now. It makes sense that they could have saved at least one big act for the next announcement, that will re-ignite the interest in the festival

Edited by whos3000

13 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Who do we reckon the headline pairs will be on what day?

Going off the 2020 line up we'd have to say: 

Thursday - Pavement, Massive Attack, The National 

Friday - The Strokes, Tame Impala Gorillaz 

Saturday - Tyler The Creator, Bad Bunny, Disclosure. 

The days are interchangeable of course but itdoesn't look right to me, surely there will be a female headliner. Can't say I'm too enthused about that set of headliners as I'd only see Pavement and Massive Attack but I'm very happy to not spend too much time in Mordor.