Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

Pants. I was holding on to the hope of the quick tests they had been trialling being somehow workable. Yes I know another postponement was far more likely. 

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

By next June in 15 months' time I suspect the thrill and novelty of having a normal life will have worn off.

Nah I think we'll still appreciate being able to get back to international travel to hang out in pan-global audiences and it might still well be the earliest that can happen for some people.

For some it may've worn off, sure, but after our recent lock away, you'd like to hope the novelty will be there for a while.

Primavera ist going to hold another concert/festival with 5.000 people on March 27.th to supply a blueprint for festivals in pandemic circumstances

https://festivalsperlaculturasegura.com

Rough outlines: 

-3 Sectors with 1.800 atendees each
- negative test mandatory
- temperature controls at points of entry
- FFP2 masks obligatory
- IOS or Android Phone required
- Attendees must be between 18 and 65
- validation of identity through phone

correct me if I'm wrong, my Spanish isn't the best.

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Primavera ist going to hold another concert/festival with 5.000 people on March 27.th to supply a blueprint for festivals in pandemic circumstances

https://festivalsperlaculturasegura.com

Rough outlines: 

-3 Sectors with 1.800 atendees each
- negative test mandatory
- temperature controls at points of entry
- FFP2 masks obligatory
- IOS or Android Phone required
- Attendees must be between 18 and 65
- validation of identity through phone

correct me if I'm wrong, my Spanish isn't the best.

It's all very promising and I suspect the results will be good. 

Won't be a true blueprint for festivals though until they remove the maskwearing element.

Suspect people will wear them for 2 hours no problem but not for an all day event.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

EU borders will be open by then. Pretty much are already...

maybe, maybe not. who knows

but looking at the APE lineup (at least what they've announced) than it's not different than Primavera's coliseum thing this year or nits last year, just that they still call it APE and not something else. it's clearly a much smaller event

24 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

but looking at the APE lineup (at least what they've announced) than it's not different than Primavera's coliseum thing this year or nits last year, just that they still call it APE and not something else. it's clearly a much smaller event

I don't like the names much but I don't think the APE lineup is smaller (and there are names to come).

It's certainly dramatically bigger than Nits which had c.1,000 people only.

16 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I don't think the APE lineup is smaller (and there are names to come).

It looks dramatically bigger than Nits

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't think the APE lineup is smaller (and there are names to come).

It looks dramatically bigger than Nits

yes it's bigger than nits. but compared to regular year's APE - assuming more names will be added at the bottom, Jaime XX and Kano are much smaller than their regular headliners

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

yes it's bigger than nits. but compared to regular year's APE - assuming more names will be added at the bottom, Jaime XX and Kano are much smaller than their regular headliners

They had a bill co-headlined by The Wombats last year so perhaps quite similarly small headliners to that.

Also supported by the now very popular Slowthai, Tom Misch, flavour of the month Arlo Parks, and Little Simz.

Think it's still going to be minimum 40,000 people - there's pent up demand and social distancing won't be possible so why not sell more tickets...

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They had a bill co-headlined by The Wombats last year so perhaps quite similarly small headliners to that.

Also supported by the now very popular Slowthai, Tom Misch, flavour of the month Arlo Parks, and Little Simz.

Think it's still going to be minimum 40,000 people - there's pent up demand and social distancing won't be possible so why not sell more tickets...

you're comparing it to what's probably their weakest day in recent years, just proves my point (of course it can grow stronger with future additions, but starting of with your weakest day doesn't seem like the best marketing strategy, so I assume this is the average this year)

it can still draw large audience, it's also a matter of supply and demand and looks like very few festivals will happen this year

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

you're comparing it to what's probably their weakest day in recent years, just proves my point (of course it can grow stronger with future additions, but starting of with your weakest day doesn't seem like the best marketing strategy, so I assume this is the average this year)

it can still draw large audience, it's also a matter of supply and demand and looks like very few festivals will happen this year

I actually think starting with your weakest day is the best strategy post-pandemic.

Gets tickets sold by taking advantage of the number of desperate, gig-starved people and then you can then shift tickets later based on the quality of the subsequent lineups.

I do agree with you that it's relatively weak but it's AEG and they have access to top names so the next day announced will surely be much stronger.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I actually think starting with your weakest day is the best strategy post-pandemic.

Gets tickets sold by taking advantage of the number of desperate, gig-starved people and then you can then shift tickets later based on the quality of the subsequent lineups.

I do agree with you that it's relatively weak but it's AEG and they have access to top names so the next day announced will surely be much stronger.

the more important thing to notice here for me is that they are all Brits. might change later, but I guess at the moment it's easier to sign only locals and not to worry about borders/flights closing and everything related to countries who are behind on the vaccinations

30 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

the more important thing to notice here for me is that they are all Brits. might change later, but I guess at the moment it's easier to sign only locals and not to worry about borders/flights closing and everything related to countries who are behind on the vaccinations

I thought Marie Davidson is based in Montreal, Canada