Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

37 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

also have to confess I'm completely unfamiliar with Pavement but people on this thread have got me intrigued! if anyone can recommend a good starting point album-wise etc, please shout!

Tough one. I think I would have to say The Best of Pavement.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Season 1 is faultless. Pretty much every line quotable..

i just couldn't believe how much good, memorable stuff was in a single episode.

anyway, off topic.

i nearly got over excited and booked an apartment near the fest site for next june. probably best to hold fire for a bit i think. at least until i know if pavement are playing. 

11 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Where? Can't really find anything that's possible to book, yet.

there's some on hotels.com, but mostly apartments, and the prices for the hotels that are available are very high.

Like flights, booking over a year in advance is usually going to be almost as high as it gets. Sweet spot is usually about 6-9months in advance.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there's some on hotels.com, but mostly apartments, and the prices for the hotels that are available are very high.

Like flights, booking over a year in advance is usually going to be almost as high as it gets. Sweet spot is usually about 6-9months in advance.

That's my experience too. Have booked stuff around august-september the last years. 

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah there's absolutely no reason anyone should be booking accommodation now. You'll get much better prices later in the year.

495 quid for 4 people for an apartment with a pool with a a view of the venue. I won't be beating that. 

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

495 quid for 4 people for an apartment with a pool with a a view of the venue. I won't be beating that. 

If that's an Airbnb isn't there always a risk that they bump you when they realise there's more money to be made?

Always puts me off using Airbnb for events...

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If that's an Airbnb isn't there always a risk that they bump you when they realise there's more money to be made?

Always puts me off using Airbnb for events...

There is that. High rating owner though and I'll be booking a back up hotel as well. 

A bit glass half empty perhaps but can't help but think that a Primavera Sound a short time after getting back to normal would have felt like an enormous celebration.

It really would have been the best Primavera ever.

By next June in 15 months' time I suspect the thrill and novelty of having a normal life will have worn off.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A bit glass half empty perhaps but can't help but think that a Primavera Sound a short time after getting back to normal would have felt like an enormous celebration.

It really would have been the best Primavera ever.

By next June in 15 months' time I suspect the thrill and novelty of having a normal life will have worn off.

Nah fuck that. Primavera will be my first festival abroad since all of this and going through those gates, watching whoever the fuck is first on and chilling with a gin and Fanta lemon will be utter bliss. I cannot wait. 

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 4