Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

38 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So let's say they start the lineup from scratch again. Who do you hope to see there?

I'm hoping the Nine Inch Nails and Portishead rumours are true. Dua Lipa for a big pop act. Also Mogwai, Spiritualized, and Nick Cave & Warren Ellis please

Slowdive - new album

Spacemen 3 - reform 😂

• Upvote 1

I appreciate this may get some hate, but I listed my tickets for 2020 on Viagogo prior to the pandemic (I asked for the asking price so plz don’t shout at me!) When I realised Prima was cancelled and I could get a refund, I went to remove the listing but on the same day someone bought them. Viagogo are predictably refusing to cancel the sale. I’m expecting my first baby and was really hoping to get the money this summer but as Prima has been delayed again I fear I won’t. Has anyone had any success in challenging Viagogo to cancel a sale? I can’t believe that the buyer is still committed to the purchase and wouldn’t rather get the money back. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Headliner wise I wouldn't mind if they scrapped all of them apart from Pavement. We could do with a female headliner or two.

Agreed, though I reckon the National will stay, they seem to be good chums with the fest. 

Maybe the fest will finally book phoebe bridgers? 

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So let's say they start the lineup from scratch again. Who do you hope to see there?

I'm hoping the Nine Inch Nails and Portishead rumours are true. Dua Lipa for a big pop act. Also Mogwai, Spiritualized, and Nick Cave & Warren Ellis please

Arcade Fire seem an obvious shout if they need a big indie headliner. Maybe Lorde or Lizzo too as I suspect they’ll want to continue booking women to headline where possible.

I think there might be a few changes to the headliners, as it will have been 2-3 years since Tyler, The Strokes, Tame Impala and The National’s last albums and who knows what Damon will be up to, though I guess some of those may have new albums out by next summer anyway. I think Massive Attack and Pavement are the most likely to be back next year as that doesn’t really affect them at this point.

11 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Spacemen 3 - reform 😂

That would be absolutely fucking spectacular.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Arcade Fire seem an obvious shout if they need a big indie headliner. Maybe Lorde or Lizzo too as I suspect they’ll want to continue booking women to headline where possible.

I think there might be a few changes to the headliners, as it will have been 2-3 years since Tyler, The Strokes, Tame Impala and The National’s last albums and who knows what Damon will be up to, though I guess some of those may have new albums out by next summer anyway. I think Massive Attack and Pavement are the most likely to be back next year as that doesn’t really affect them at this point.

Lizzo with a full band this time would be really fun. As for Tyler and The National, they might have new music by then anyway...

• Upvote 1

can't help but be disappointed in the postponement (though it's definitely the right decision...) the wait goes on! 

would love to see Lana Del Rey back on the bill for 2022 - hopefully it's not completely out of the question as she has a new album coming up in the next month or so 🤞 NFR was really special so looking forward to the follow up. the original line-ups were fantastic so hopefully we don't see too many major changes. (though i would NOT complain if Arcade Fire were added... last couple of albums haven't been amazing but they are an all-timer live band for me. just phenomenal.)

also have to confess I'm completely unfamiliar with Pavement but people on this thread have got me intrigued! if anyone can recommend a good starting point album-wise etc, please shout!

Idles and Porridge Radio probably won't be on fo 2022 since their tour just got postponed and the dates are now in the Winter. Also, both added BCN gigs.

I suspect we keep most of the headliners. It simply doesn't matter how long its been since an acts last album, 90% of people don't care about that. More current acts might compete, but many will have pushed back release and touring cycles anyway.