Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 minute ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Yeah not sure what I did first time . Nearly double the price for that weekend.

It's the National Day of Catalonia that weekend.  No idea if that means all hotels are more expensive that weekend, doubt it but it's possible or could be some other event. 

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

keep in mind that the rumours about PS moving to this weekend might also be the cause of it.

how many of us here have a reservation for this weekend? 

430 rooms? All at one specific (and expensive) hotel? 

I don't think that can be it. 

Ah well, no surprise but still disappointing. It'll be gutting for them to watch the UK festivals (potentially) go ahead this summer while they've missed out on two years' worth of cash at this point.

Have a couple of unused flights I probably won't be able to cancel, so might just go over for the weekend anyway if travel allows.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

FIFTEEN months until the next one.

Jesus, that's painful.

It has certainly been a long wait ever since Pavement were first announced and I decided I had to go 😄

Praying to god that they’re back and we get a lineup just as strong as the two we’ve lost.

I fear they're probably going to get a lot more refund requests this year than last year – plenty of people (particularly from the UK) are going to want money freed up to do other stuff this summer.

Sitting on a ticket for yet another year might be too much of an ask for a lot of the more casual Primavera goers, unless the lineup's sensational.

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So let's say they start the lineup from scratch again. Who do you hope to see there?

I'm hoping the Nine Inch Nails and Portishead rumours are true. Dua Lipa for a big pop act. Also Mogwai, Spiritualized, and Nick Cave & Warren Ellis please

The fixed date for the 2022 line up announcement hints that the majority of the line up is fixed, meaning the majority of the acts will roll over.

However I wouldn't mind seeing some new additions. As mentioned before, Bad Bunny could have become way too expensive by now, being one of the biggest global popstars of the hour.  

I think that legacy acts like Portieshead, NIN or Mbv will not really be in the mix before 2023. They'd wanna get themselves very special spots on festivals and not throw themelves in the mayhem that 2022 season will be.