Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I'm pretty confident flight restrictions - at least from the UK - will have been removed well before then.

The govt can't afford for the airport sector to collapse - too important as a small island. So I'd expect some tests perhaps or proof of vaccination but no quarantine and can't see why you wouldn't be able to fly by Sep. And Spain needs the tourism so no obstructions from their side.

It’s not so much flights actually happening but just the money I’m constantly losing having to rearrange them. Would rather it just be one last time rather than possibly another two times.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s not so much flights actually happening but just the money I’m constantly losing having to rearrange them. Would rather it just be one last time rather than possibly another two times.

Can sympathise with that.  That said, people are already having their flights for June and even July moved and I'd say better than 50/50 chance your flight eventually gets cancelled or moved in which case they have to give you a refund.

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

And Best Kept Secret being moved to September too now.

The context here is that the Dutch government plans to allow festivals from July and has set up a 300 Million € recovery fund for festivals. Dutch festivals will now all move to late summer, so they will have financial security, even if they cannot go ahead. I think this is the scenario for the majority of European festivals right now. I'm doubtful however that the Spanish government has equal ressources to set up such funds. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

12 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

The context here is that the Dutch government plans to allow festivals from July and has set up a 300 Million € recovery fund for festivals. Dutch festivals will now all move to late summer, so they will have financial security, even if they cannot go ahead. I think this is the scenario for the majority of European festivals right now. I'm doubtful however that the Spanish government has equal ressources to set up such funds. 

That's almost certainly true. 

But if the Spanish govt wants to allow festivals from September, not July, the amount of money they'd have to set aside would be much lower as the risk of cancellation as priced by the insurance industry would be lower.

Edited by xxialac

58 minutes ago, Nesser said:

I'm very confident too about Primavera not happening this year but you seem to avoid what I say 😞

Unless you have something tangible to back your confidence up with, and there's no reason to doubt that you do, yours is just another opinion, the same as the rest of us. You may be right. Some think it's going to happen in September, some think they'll struggle to make 2022. A small group of people know what their plans are, and they'll make it known soon. Let's hope for positive news in the next few weeks.

Best Kept Secret moving to September is all but certain. Yes, the site seems to have been booked for that weekend in September, but that site also hosts two other festivals.

Moreover, the € 300M guarantee fund only seems to be aimed at events that were originally planned after July 1st, so a move to September doesn't seem to help BKS in this matter.

I'm quite curious how it will all play out. All we can say pretty surely at this point is that it won't happen in June (at least, not in the way we were used to).

5 minutes ago, DDave said:

Fingers crossed something goes ahead somewhere. BKS is a great festival so if its that or nothing then great!

R rate in the UK is below 1 for the 1st time since July. Very good news.

I doubt you can have only a couple of festivals go ahead unless they are just populated by local acts (though that still could be fun!).

Needs a critical mass for September to allow the tours to happen. Still odds-against but we'll see.

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Bauhaus have now moved their London show to October 30...

Could Primavera conceivably take place in October? Would the weather still be relatively warm, say if it took place mid-October? I imagine that there is going to be a lot of competition for acts if it took place in September and everyone is holding their festivals over a 2 week period.

Edited by chilirocker

29 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Could Primavera conceivably take place in October? Would the weather still be relatively warm, say if it took place mid-October? I imagine that there is going to be a lot of competition for acts if it took place in September and everyone is holding their festivals over a 2 week period.

The hunt for mid October...

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

Im thinking this. Surely all the big European festivals from June and July cant be pushed back and competing with the standard late summer festivals. Open'er and Roskilde in October would be a bit chilly! But then on the flip, Primavera, NOS, Super Bock, Mad Cool etc etc can run well into October Id imagine if the acts are willing to hang around.

Edited by gingerevans84

54 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Im thinking this. Surely all the big European festivals from June and July cant be pushed back and competing with the standard late summer festivals. Open'er and Roskilde in October would be a bit chilly! But then on the flip, Primavera, NOS, Super Bock, Mad Cool etc etc can run well into October Id imagine if the acts are willing to hang around.

Primavera definitely has an advantage of a pre-built site. Much tougher for e.g. Roskilde. They're also a dominant booking force. 

The goose is not quite dead.

2 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Yeah I think if festivals go ahead this year, they would have to work together to agree timings. I imagine the camping festivals, particularly in Northern Europe (Roskilde, Open’er, BKS, Werchter, etc.) would get first dibs on mid September and then the Mad Cool, Prima, Nos could take place at the end or in October as they would be warmer. I think then acts would stay in Europe to get some form of income. 

A new vaccine produced by the Belgian company Janssen, which is a subsidiary of the US multinational Johnson & Johnson, is set to be approved by the EU on March 8 “if everything goes well,” according to Spanish Health Minister Carolina Darias.  Under the EU deal, Spain would receive more than 40 million doses of the vaccine. The vaccine from Janssen, known as Ad26.COV2-S, has many advantages, principally that it only requires one dose.

The last advantage of the Ad26.COV2-S vaccine, at least for Spain, is that most of the doses will be made by the Catalan pharmaceutical company Reig Jofre. This laboratory will receive the antigen and be tasked with producing and bottling it.

Looks like the locals are going to get great access to a one-dose vaccine.

And Spain will have more doses than adults to vaccinate...

On 2/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, xxialac said:

And Best Kept Secret being moved to September too now.

BKS is a great festival - amazing site, so well organised, I was *very* impressed.  Apart from the killer caterpillars ! We pitched up and then had to move our tent as the hairy little beasts were swarming all over a nearby tree 😆

We went for first time in 2019 as lineup had a lot of my faves playing.