Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

It`s all a bit complicated. Organisers of the 2 biggest Austrian Festivals Nova Rock and Frequency said they will wait until March before making any decision about cancelling or postponement.

They told national FM4 Radio that travel restrictions could also have an Impact on planning events and that everyone from the artists and crews would have to be vaccinated first (before even touring).

Then there could be another further considerations like making different entrances like fast lanes for vaccinated fans and other lanes for fans who have to be tested. So, the next weeks or month should give a clearer picture.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

It`s all a bit complicated. Organisers of the 2 biggest Austrian Festivals Nova Rock and Frequency said they will wait until March before making any decision about cancelling or postponement.

They told national FM4 Radio that travel restrictions could also have an Impact on planning events and that everyone from the artists and crews would have to be vaccinated first (before even touring).

Then there could be another further considerations like making different entrances like fast lanes for vaccinated fans and other lanes for fans who have to be tested. So, the next weeks or month should give a clearer picture.

Maybe they could create a super VIP ticket this year that gives you all the perks of VIP but with a Covid jab three weeks before thrown in? 

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Maybe they could create a super VIP ticket this year that gives you all the perks of VIP but with a Covid jab three weeks before thrown in? 

It should be vice versa, with regular ticket they check your vaccination state and you stay at the venue masked and two meters apart other fan. Super VIP tickets should just include ability to see the show without masks, social distancing, vaccine checking and so on - would sell out in a minute.

Keep in mind too, that no vaccine has yet proven to be effective against the spread. We only know that they protect against the disease yet. First results from Israel hint that the Biontech Vaccine actually does curb the spread by about 2/3, but thats priliminary and only one vaccine of many. If we don't have concrete evidence, that all relevant vaccines curb the spread, vaccinated people too would need to wear masks and hold distance.

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

Keep in mind too, that no vaccine has yet proven to be effective against the spread. We only know that they protect against the disease yet. First results from Israel hint that the Biontech Vaccine actually does curb the spread by about 2/3, but thats priliminary and only one vaccine of many. If we don't have concrete evidence, that all relevant vaccines curb the spread, vaccinated people too would need to wear masks and hold distance.

Damn, another very good point. Curse you with your logic.

39 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I thought AstraZeneca had released similar data this week - cutting spread, but also cutting hospitalisations almost completely.

I've said before that I'm pessimistic about even September BUT decisions will need to be made March/April, and by then we should have a much better idea of how fast vaccination is going, but also from the UK we'll know how fast things are improving (as likely the 30m most vulnerable will have been vaccinated by then). Right now, even in the UK there won't be more than a couple of million people who have had time to develop the antibodies post-vaccination.

28 minutes ago, daveje said:

Gutted. They're the unsung heroes of the music industry.

The UK massively punches above its weight in music, talk about an act of self-harm...

On 2/4/2021 at 12:02 PM, Quadrophobia said:

Guys, its February already and everything is still looking bleak as fuck. How can anyone still expect 2021 Primavera to happen? Vaccination has not speeded up in continental Europe at all and even the current best case scenario wouldn't make Primavera a possibility. Not accounting for the fact that the september dates are pure speculation. 

I've read somewhere that needed rate of global vaccinated population which is 70% won't happen until 2025.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Festcrazy said:

I've read somewhere that needed rate of global vaccinated population which is 70% won't happen until 2025.

70% of the world is hellalot people from very different cultural and social strata. I think there is no vaccine that has been spread that fast. I mean, polio was a way worse illness and it almost took 60 years to eradicate it - 7 years for the first country in the world to eradicate it (and it was Czechoslovakia with 15 millionish people only). 

Plus, covid - being a coronavirus - with its rate of mutation might never allow an accomplishment such as 70% of vaccinated pop ever: most likely it will mutate many many times until it becomes no more than a common influence. 

Just hope that by 2022-23, when at least in Europe it will be considered safer to have large meeting of people like festivals, there will still be some of the old organizations still withstanding, or surely new ones will come to take place of the old: you can destroy a festival, but you will never destroy the concept of festivals, that for sure.

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

most likely it will mutate many many times until it becomes no more than a common influence.

Just a quick comment: Despite the mutations the researchers consider the corona virus to be of a much more stable nature than the influenza viruses. Even though it is likely that we already this year might have to get an updated shot of the vaccine to take into account the South Africa variant and similar, researchers do not think it will be necessary with annual vaccination as with the influenza viruses. They do not know for sure by now of course, due to the limited time we have seen the virus, but that is how they think so far.

3 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

70% of the world is hellalot people from very different cultural and social strata. I think there is no vaccine that has been spread that fast. I mean, polio was a way worse illness and it almost took 60 years to eradicate it - 7 years for the first country in the world to eradicate it (and it was Czechoslovakia with 15 millionish people only). 

Plus, covid - being a coronavirus - with its rate of mutation might never allow an accomplishment such as 70% of vaccinated pop ever: most likely it will mutate many many times until it becomes no more than a common influence. 

Just hope that by 2022-23, when at least in Europe it will be considered safer to have large meeting of people like festivals, there will still be some of the old organizations still withstanding, or surely new ones will come to take place of the old: you can destroy a festival, but you will never destroy the concept of festivals, that for sure.

I don't think eradication is even possible. At some point it'll just be under control. I still believe that 2022 is definitely possible for larger festivals, because by then vaccination will have not just covered large parts of the population (of rich countries that is, but thats the criteria for PS) but we will have sufficient insight into things we don't know yet and events could be organized with respect to that insight, f.e. how vaccines affect not only the disease but also the spread of the virus.

Edited by Quadrophobia

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

And Best Kept Secret being moved to September too now.

Hmm my hopes that they just delay entirely until 2022 are slipping.

Not that I think any of these festivals will actually go ahead in September, mind - I think they’re really grasping at straws - but Primavera actually announcing a September move regardless would be a pain in the arse flights wise etc in the unlikely instance that it actually did go ahead.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm my hopes that they just delay entirely until 2022 are slipping.

Not that I think any of these festivals will actually go ahead in September, mind - I think they’re really grasping at straws - but Primavera actually announcing a September move regardless would be a pain in the arse flights wise etc in the unlikely instance that it actually did go ahead.

I'm pretty confident flight restrictions - at least from the UK - will have been removed well before then.

The govt can't afford for the airport sector to collapse - too important as a small island. So I'd expect some tests perhaps or proof of vaccination but no quarantine and can't see why you wouldn't be able to fly by Sep. And Spain needs the tourism so no obstructions from their side.