Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

11 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Bicep dates rescheduled to september. I guess it's fair to assume PS and all comparable bands in size have also been rescheduled. What about the big ones? Who are we losing this time? 

I feel like strokes the national and massive attack will try to avkid skipping the chance to play ps as much as possible. If they don't play this kind of festival, then where are they going to play (coachella doesn't book strokes anymore)? The same could be true for tame impala. No idea about tyler. Ps looks like having developed a good relationship with him or his team over the years. And he doesn't seem to be playing very huge festivals such as coachella so it could be also in his interest to do ps... Anyway if tyler drops out they just need to fix any problem they have with bbk and give us kendrick 🤤

I'd be very sceptical of the Australia-based Tame Impala making it and frankly of any non-European acts. Would seem more sensible to focus on those with less complicated/expensive touring  needs.

Especially as the trend now seems to be towards ever more restricted border controls.

Interesting on Bicep. They've added an extra date too.

Today other 40k infected and almost 600 deaths in spain but yessssssssss, there will be a 70k gathering, why not 😎 And what if we add one or two days so we can gather even more people 😎  surely from tomorrow the virus will disappear so we can see de sdrocsssssssss

2 minutes ago, Ale said:

Today other 40k infected and almost 600 deaths in spain but yessssssssss, there will be a 70k gathering, why not 😎 And what if we add one or two days so we can gather even more people 😎  surely from tomorrow the virus will disappear so we can see de sdrocsssssssss

Huh? The festival isn't 'tomorrow' but likely to be in 7.5 months. And there are vaccines and testing methods available that weren't available last year.

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Ale said:

Hot take: there will be many infected later this year, and next year, and the year 2030 and so on. The virus won't disappear.

When enough people are vaccinated governments just gradually will stop counting new infections. Well, actually they won't stop, but you will find than numbers only in special annual medical reports, just like other viral infections, and not on front pages of the newspapers.

3 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

When enough people are vaccinated

When enough people are vaccinated we will get herd immunity and the rest of the viruses will cook itself in the nice summer weather. Life will be beautiful and uplifting. There will be hugs, beer and music.

• Upvote 1

As you say, not set in stone....

Madrid suspends vaccinations for two weeks due to supply shortage

Madrid health authorities have suspended vaccination against Covid-19 this week and next as they are running out of doses, Madrid’s deputy regional president Ignacio Aguado said on Wednesday. 

Reuters reports:

The region has halted the vaccination of new people, keeping the few doses it still has to give second jab to patients, Aguado said. 

The Madrid region has already vaccinated 180,000 people since the campaign started, he said. 

“Unfortunately, as we suspected the pace of deliveries was interrupted,” he said. 

Spain has administered just over 1.3 million doses to a priority group of care-home residents and front-line medics, some 10% of whom have already received a second jab. 

During this first phase, the government plans to inoculate around 2.5 million people by the end of February. 

Spain reported 591 deaths on Tuesday, the highest daily fatality figure of the third wave, El pais reports, amid a plateuing rise in new infections. 

Tuesday’s number of new cases was 36,435, the same level seen a week ago and far from the 44,357 reported on Thursday, 21 January.

The country’s official death toll now stands at 56,799, but excess death figures suggest the real number may be closer to 80,000.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Obvs not set in stone, doesn't account for unexpected turns of event, individual EU country performance - and in Primavera's case the added benefit of testing - but thought this was interesting:

Does this graph include the shortage of vaccination supply to EU from both Pfizer and AstraZeneca? Also if the reports about AstraZeneca being highly ineffective (only 8 % efficacy for people aged over 65) turns out to be true, the UK will have to vaccinate all elders, who already got the AstraZeneca jab, again.

10 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Does this graph include the shortage of vaccination supply to EU from both Pfizer and AstraZeneca? Also if the reports about AstraZeneca being highly ineffective (only 8 % efficacy for people aged over 65) turns out to be true, the UK will have to vaccinate all elders, who already got the AstraZeneca jab, again.

Yesm, it does include that.

And that Astrazeneca report looks like baloney (plus most people have got the Pfizer jab so far).

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yesm, it does include that.

And that Astrazeneca report looks like baloney (plus most people have got the Pfizer jab so far).

Well, my grandparents' (83 and 85 yo) dates for vaccination have been cancelled today (scheduled for March btw). I'm sorry for being pessimistic but I really don't know how we can reach herd immunity by October when this is happening.

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Well, my grandparents' (83 and 85 yo) dates for vaccination have been cancelled today (scheduled for March btw). I'm sorry for being pessimistic but I really don't know how we can reach herd immunity by October when this is happening.

For the EU it will be an average so some countries to be expected later than October, some earlier.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For the EU it will be an average so some countries to be expected later than October, some earlier.

There won't be really a huge difference between countries in EU because the vaccines are delivered to EU as a whole and they distribute them by population. It basically means no country can get ahead.

5 minutes ago, puckno said:

In large, yes, however both Germany, France and Denmark buy extra doses, or as they say: "purchasing extra doses from EU countries that didn't order their full allocation of the expensive jab". 

Which really doesn't matter right now when nether Pfizer nor AstraZeneca have those extra doses.

I think the latest on the Pfizer vaccines is they are back to normal speed next week already. Some countries do only buy a modest amount of their eligible doses of the mRNA vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer, to be picked up by others. It amounts to more than 10 million vaccines to other countries. This article details some of it  https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-buys-extra-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-from-eu-countries/ 

On 1/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, xxialac said:

I'd be very sceptical of the Australia-based Tame Impala making it and frankly of any non-European acts. Would seem more sensible to focus on those with less complicated/expensive touring  needs.

Especially as the trend now seems to be towards ever more restricted border controls.

Interesting on Bicep. They've added an extra date too.

I think it will be all or nothing rather than euro ps. 

Yes, so it goes like this:
- promoters unable to get a grip on the reality push for the government to tell them criteria for how to reopen, including all their fantasies on testing etc
- government not willing to break the news to these bewildered souls, instead offering governmental guarantees on monetary compensation (35M eur)

• Upvote 2