Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

17 minutes ago, daveje said:

It's not up to Primavera. They can't control the virus, or the vaccine, or the governments, or the insurance companies, or bands' decisions, or people's behaviour, and so on ad nauseum.

Honestly, you're clutching at the shadow of a homeopathic straw here.

Obviously it's not ultimately up to Primavera and I don't think for a moment that it is.

But that's not to say there's nothing they can do.

They can advocate and lobby local government (with whom they have a relationship). They can do trials to breed some more confidence, as they did in December.

Argentina for example legalised abortion recently. The government 100% made the ultimate decision but without the lobbying work from those on the ground it wouldn't have happened.

They can come up with frameworks of how to handle different emerging situations and conduct scenario planning.

They can look into how testing would work if the local government decides that they would allow events to go ahead with rigorous testing and plan for this.

September is in a very long time, it's not likely that everything will come together by then but it's not unreasonable to see what can be done to prepare for different eventualities.

Speaking at the meeting of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) held in Madrid, the Spanish Prime Minister Mr Sanchez said today: "We are already the ninth country in the world in the vaccination process and one of the first countries in Europe.

"And we are going to advance with the vaccination at the highest rate until reaching 70 per cent of the population with immunity by the end of the summer.

I repeat, September may be unlikely but you can't yet rule it out...

They'll throw the outdoor gigs they put on this past summer, maybe with some improvements -higher capacity- and maybe even with some international bands, but that's it. The sooner they dismiss the idea of a 65k ppl gathering this year, the sooner they can start to develop Primavera Club and Primavera Weekender.

2 hours ago, mashinko said:

When you say "bullshit", are you referring to the staff party in the article or to COVID itself? 

On 1/22/2021 at 5:27 AM, Nicklord said:

I just got my vaccine in Serbia. I literally just showed up, waited in line for 30 minutes and got my first dose. Next one in 3-5 weeks

A lot of older people don't want a vaccine here cause ???? so it's kinda open to public, when I was there majority of people were under 50. Love my country 😐

Any chance that non-Serbs can show up and get vaccinated?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Parklife festival lineup announcement this week for September. Primavera to follow in next couple of weeks?

If they announce anything related to the 2021 edition of the festival going ahead... man, that'd be a hell of a leap of faith.

Edited by Nesser

15 minutes ago, Nesser said:

If they announce anything related to the 2021 edition of the festival going ahead... man, that'd be a hell of a leap of faith.

Even if they don't have any faith left, that would still be a logical step to follow. At this moment you gotta want to keep ticketholders optimistic and maybe even get some new sales through. 

If the UK keeps up the vaccination rate, a 15.000 people festival might even be possible there, something that is very unlikely for continental Europe.

Edited by Quadrophobia

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Even if they don't have any faith left, that would still be a logical step to follow. At this moment you gotta want to keep ticketholders optimistic and maybe even get some new sales through. 

exactly. worse case, it get's cancelled and you earn a few months before you need to refund anyone.

Sure, it's a lot of logistics and coordinations, but at this point in our life, I'm quite sure there's no pre-payments to any artists, venues or other suppliers, so it's only work that will go down the drain 

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

If the UK keeps up the vaccination rate, a 15.000 people festival might even be possible there, something that is very unlikely for continental Europe.

Where did you get that info? I always thought it's a huge festival, even the articles about moving to September mention that the capacity is around 75-80k.

2 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Where did you get that info? I always thought it's a huge festival, even the articles about moving to September mention that the capacity is around 75-80k.

I think that what they are saying is a 15k cap festival might be possible in the UK but even that is unlikely for Europe (thus ruling our Primavera this year).

1 minute ago, Newjem said:

Simply lifted it from the Wikipedia article. I guess you are right though, all other sources say 70k plus. Maybe someone misread 75.000k when writing the article or smth. Withdrawing my optimism.

29 minutes ago, puckno said:

I am still optimistic 2022 festival can happen.

2022 will be an insane year, lineups-wise. Even if festivals are smaller scaled this year, at least we have a beefy speculations season coming op this fall/winter to look forward to. 

Always looking for positive angles. 🙂 

Edited by lighthouse

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

If the UK keeps up the current vaccination rate, then we could be pretty much clear of the virus well before September. Whether vaccine supplies allow that is probably the biggest issue. If that gets sorted then there's no reason why the rest of continental Europe can't catch up - The UK hit almost 500k vaccinations per day recently, and there are still some of the bigger vaccination centres that haven't come online yet. I can't believe the rest of Europe can't match the UK government's ability to run a vaccination program.

I've seen comments from the Parklife people, and they appear to be serious about trying for September. It's a shame that it's such an 18-30 festival as it's within walking distance of my house 😞 

Bicep dates rescheduled to september. I guess it's fair to assume PS and all comparable bands in size have also been rescheduled. What about the big ones? Who are we losing this time? 

I feel like strokes the national and massive attack will try to avkid skipping the chance to play ps as much as possible. If they don't play this kind of festival, then where are they going to play (coachella doesn't book strokes anymore)? The same could be true for tame impala. No idea about tyler. Ps looks like having developed a good relationship with him or his team over the years. And he doesn't seem to be playing very huge festivals such as coachella so it could be also in his interest to do ps... Anyway if tyler drops out they just need to fix any problem they have with bbk and give us kendrick 🤤

Edited by whos3000