Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Thanks! That's strange as they were not included in the poster drop back in June and I can't find when exactly were they re-confirmed for 2021.

Still, having in mind that almost all shows from their tour were supposed to take place next month and the fact that they did almost all major European festivals in 2019 makes it hard to relate this cancellation to summer festivals and other bands.

Edited by mln

5 minutes ago, mln said:

Thanks! That's strange as they were not included in the poster drop back in June and I can't find when exactly were they re-confirmed for 2021.

Still, having in mind that almost all shows from their tour were supposed to take place next month and the fact that they did almost all major European festivals in 2019 makes it hard to relate this cancellation to summer festivals and other bands.

They were included in the poster drop in June as you see in the poster linked in the post you cited. And they were re-announced for 2021 by the festival in May along most of the other big acts. It's not just them cancelling some tour dates in spring, it's all live activities and includes festival gigs planned for autumn.

https://www.hurricane.de/de/infos/news/2020-2021/

You have to be realistic at this point, as stated by others. Other acts will follow shortly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

They were included in the poster drop in June as you see in the poster linked in the post you cited. And they were re-announced for 2021 by the festival in May along most of the other big acts. It's not just them cancelling some tour dates in spring, it's all live activities and includes festival gigs planned for autumn.

https://www.hurricane.de/de/infos/news/2020-2021/

You have to be realistic at this point, as stated by others. Other acts will follow shortly.

I think that's the first poster drop for 2021: https://www.facebook.com/hurricanefestival/photos/10158148962588732 Or am I missing something?

33 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I know this does not have mass relevance but The 1975 are supposedly releasing different side projects in 2021 with Drive Like I Do and the Matty solo album so they might want to release those records and move on from the NOACF era due to the albums mixed reaction.

I know a lot of people didn't like it but this really is mixed reviews if I ever saw one 😄 

image.png.00354c1ae15bd0474927d2cb2da2e8ff.png

10 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Don't suppose you know what the plan is for the Porto edition? Is it assumed that'll change as well? 

Think Porto only works if they take advantage of overlap with Barcelona so surely would be week before/after if it goes ahead. I'd expect so.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Don't suppose you know what the plan is for the Porto edition? Is it assumed that'll change as well? 

I don’t I’m afraid. He’s having a mare with his own fest so I only initially cheekily asked the question last month - then he out of the blue replied today. 

im gutted as I can’t make the sept date now either. 

• Upvote 1

Hmm wonder when we’re gonna get an announcement for the new dates and undoubtedly the new lineup changes. 

I dare not think how much money I’ve lost due to all of this fucking around and date moving! Like I know the optics for September are much better than June, but I’m still pretty pessimistic about it going ahead at all after everything.

45 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Are the dates in September contigency or is it definitely moving. When can we expect an announcement, 

No one knows and no one knows. Strong rumours and booked out hotels are the sum of our evidence - June surely not happening though 

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

No one knows and no one knows. Strong rumours and booked out hotels are the sum of our evidence - June surely not happening though 

There’s more chance of me shi55ing in the Queen’s handbag that there being a circa 60k capacity festival in the first week of June. I’m a little sceptical about the chances in September to be honest.