Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think as a result it's best not to get too hung up on the current lineup, especially the non-European names.

Inevitably there will be a lot of changes.

they were able to keep most of the lineup through June-August-June delays, so I hope they will again, but yes, changes will come for sure.

Hopefully we'll lose Tame Impala and Charlie xcx from the headliners and not Pavement or Gorlillaz

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

they were able to keep most of the lineup through June-August-June delays, so I hope they will again, but yes, changes will come for sure.

Hopefully we'll lose Tame Impala and Charlie xcx from the headliners and not Pavement or Gorlillaz

That's true. But still think they lost about 40 bands and presumably disproportionately bigger, transatlantic acts. Had it gone ahead, there would have been further cancellations I imagine.

Will probably end up with 60-70% of same names I'd have thought.

June is out 100%. We should just take that as a starting point to speculate. 

Hopefully this will give them the chance to update a line up that is, yes, amazing but lacks of novelty. I mean Igor came out in 2019. I like the new abnormal but you can't really say it was the biggest music album of 2020. Maybe the only name they really hit the jackpot with is bad bunny. I mean he's the biggest artist in the world right now and he's far from being total crap as other artists of the same commercial appeal. 

My favourite new updates would be:

-phoebe bridgers & phoebe bridgers + the national (come on, it wouls be so easy... Just book her and let them collab on stage!) 

-fiona apple (impossible) 

-duma (book them now cause they didn't tour the experimental festival circuit!!) 

so we're starting a wish-list? cool, haven't had that for a while:

Phoebe Bridgers
Bright Eyes (and while we have both Connor and Phoebe, throw in Better Oblivion Community Center)
SAULT
Doves
This is very low chance, but St. Vincent's new album is planned for Spring/Summer. September might fit

and as always, we're still waiting for Anderson Paak, Kendrick and Thom Yorke

3 minutes ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

From the very same article:

"If we get as far as Easter and we still don't know that crowds can gather at festivals, however large or small, then we are in a catastrophic situation with this year's season" 

And:

"The real danger here is that, if we see a lot of countries - particularly in Europe and closer to home - protecting their festival seasons, you could almost have a talent transfer. We don't want to have a situation where musicians, crews, technicians - people who should be working in the UK festival scene - are looking to the continent and thinking, actually, if there's going to be live music happening there in 2021, that's where we're going to be going."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So it's a festival that hadn't yet announced, that isn't in dire financial straits and is (presumably) quite soon and can't be rearranged.

Northside, perhaps? Sonar?

Bit too guitary for Sonar - if they were only doing one festival I'm guessing it would be UK, so maybe Latitude/Green Man/All Points East? Can't think of any others that haven't released most of the lineup.