Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

I honestly don't think it's worth paying any attention to the accommodation prices or availability at this point, it's all completely unrealistic. For instance, the place we've booked for the current dates is just over 600 euros for 6 nights. For the dates that people are suggesting in September, it's over 3000 euros. That's just a fuck off price, has nothing to do with reality.

• Upvote 1

Ken said it seemed would be rescheduled for September and this is further backed up by the AC, Diagonal Zero and above all the Princess all being fully booked that weekend (and that weekend only).

Forget about high prices of other hotels, I think the combination of these two factors alone points to the high likelihood of the festival being rearranged for Sep 8-12.

Just now, Nesser said:

@OhjesusWhat hotel are you staying at? I booked two apartments on Booking.com a couple days ago but would rather much staying in a hotel if the prices aren't going through the roof yet.

I mean, it’s not cheap - about £700 for 5 nights, for two, but it’s nearby (12 minute walk) and has sea views. When we booked for June it was £850

It’s hotel maritim - on the seafront (think there’s another maritim away from the front, round the corner)

3 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

For a newbie to this forum can someone give me a quick rundown of this September thing you guys are discussing?

June looks unlikely, given Primavera having to commit money upfront and little confidence it will go ahead for a range of obvious reasons.

Last year they found themselves in a similar situation and were able to move the festival to end of August.

So this year similarly they are likely to want to move it to the Summer. Second week of September is the most likely date (though unconfirmed) based on a post from someone in the know and some hotels by the site being block-booked for that weekend.

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm amazed how this place will go mad about bands that are not on the line up or dates that are nothing but vague speculation. 

On another note, who'd ever thought that the act I wish for most for a Primavera would be The Vaccines.

Going mad or just a conversation?

And last year, the 'vague speculation' on here was that Primavera seemed to be moving the dates to the last weekend in August, based on local hotel availability.

What happened? Primavera moved the dates to the last weekend in August...

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Going mad or just a conversation?

And last year, the 'vague speculation' on here was that Primavera seemed to be moving the dates to the last weekend in August, based on local hotel availability.

What happened? Primavera moved the dates to the last weekend in August...

All I'm saying is that - once again - people around here are building arguments on so many layers of "what if" that it's really hard to keep track what is fact and what is assumption.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

All I'm saying is that - once again - people around here are building arguments on so many layers of "what if" that it's really hard to keep track what is fact and what is assumption.

.....Isn't this the purpose of a music festival forum?

If all we wanted was facts we'd all just sit patiently waiting for the festival to release news.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

No one is saying the dates being blockbooked means September going ahead is fact. No one is making an assumption either.

Whilst it's only a hypothesis at this stage, it is based on something that did play out last year, and there are only two layers - which doesn't seem that many to me.

(in alphabetical order)*

Die Katapult

girl in red

Manel

Pabllo Vittar

Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever

* I consider Metronomy to be a headliner, that's why they aren't on the list. And I still hope Roosevelt will be there, but unless he is officially confirmed, there is no place on the list for him either.