Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

No, I assumed the subtext there was no PS2021. 

the Europe touring thing meanwhile is a complete expensive shitshow. There’s currently a petition to get the government to debate it. Really bad, with lots of red tape/charges for things - right down to instruments - apparently. 

The UK massively punches above its weight for popular music.

I fear the worst hit will be small bands who won't be able to justify the costs. And without touring they won't be able to grow into big bands and the scene will feel increasingly stale.

Such an own goal.

27 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find a good (quality price wise) hotel for the new dates? Which website? Booking doesn't have much offer right now

Tripadvisor or kayak but, yeah, it's a weird time where many hotels are closed and not taking bookings yet.

Whatever you do, make sure it's fully refundable. 

20 hours ago, daveje said:

This time last year PS had no plans to reschedule either, and we know how that turned out.

Personally I don't think there's a whelk's chance in a supernova that June will happen. September at least is vaguely credible.

BTW, does anyone know what the situation is for UK bands wanting to tour Europe, now that Brexit is a reality?

Anything over 90 days in a 180 day period spend in Europe and they have to get a Visa, as far as I understand it. 

12 minutes ago, DDave said:

Anything over 90 days in a 180 day period spend in Europe and they have to get a Visa, as far as I understand

It's not just the visa and that's just for one country. Its all the custom forms for the band kit. As far as I understand. The artist will need a visa for each country they visit and customs forms as well. So a visiting 5 countries on a tour means 5 visas and 5 sets of custom forms. 

24 minutes ago, JB15 said:

I’d really like for the new dates to not be early September as I’m getting married then and there’s not a chance I’ll get a pass to go to Primavera the weekend after the wedding!

Just bring your other half... a honeymoon in Barcelona with great music... how could they say no?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

Just bring your other half... a honeymoon in Barcelona with great music... how could they say no?

You're not taking her to a crowded music festival in Barcelona, you're taking her on a romantic trip to the Costa Brava. It's a 2 hour round trip so fit it in one of the days and, bingo, you've told the truth.

Or discreetly slip it into the marriage vows: "to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, to go to primavera next week, till death us do part"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, daveje said:

Just to clarify, this idea of new dates is based purely on hotel booking availability and on absolutely no other information?

I believe so - ken19 on here said ‘a solution’ was coming soon though

and many hotels near the fest site are still available with only the usual seasonal price increase.  

Edited by Ohjesus

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

He went further than that and implied the festival was moving to September. And he has an excellent track record of being in the know.

don’t doubt it, princess is fully booked too, where all the bands stay. 

Edited by Ohjesus