Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

40 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Nick cave already canceled his tour planned for 2021. Beginning of the end (again)? 

The tour was scheduled to start in April and end in beginning of June. Was scheduled for big arenas. Also a remark - not postponed, but cancelled. And the press release said they were working on "alternative plans for 2021 and 2022".

I am not saying that PS will happen in June. But I believe that a tour starting in April is different from a festival in June. Many festivals are announcing for June - in France, in England, in Portugal...

I imagine that they have alternatives - requiring the participants to be vaccinated/a PCR test/masks, etc. Just can't imagine they still announcing for June, today, knowing everything that we know about the next couple of months, if they don't have alternatives to run the festivals.

11 minutes ago, mashinko said:

Little bit offtopic but some optimistic news from Albania. If Albania can do it, then everything's possible, even festivals in June.

https://www.instagram.com/unumfestival/ 3-7 june 2021

Exciting news about Unum Festival 2021!

We are pleased to announce that we have had a successful meeting with Ministry of Health and Tourism in Albania, in order to assure you that next summer's festival will be taking place as planned. Everyone attending the festival will be tested beforehand or have the vaccine if it will have arrived by that time.

The advancing technology and accuracy of rapid tests currently allows for results within 10-15 minutes, which is all that would be required to ensure you can enjoy the festival in the way it should be enjoyed!

So with full support of the Government of Albania, the festival will be held on 3-7 June 2021, on the beach and amongst the pines in Shengjin's open spaces. 

Very good! Thanks for all this good news, we need it!💪

On 12/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, xxialac said:

In Spain, the government is seeking to vaccinate between 15 and 20 million people, in the country of around 47 million, against the coronavirus by May or June next year, said prime minister Pedro Sanchez today.

If this is the case the city of Barcelona and the rest of Spain will have enough protection yet for festivals to happen early June.

1 hour ago, puckno said:

If this is the case the city of Barcelona and the rest of Spain will have enough protection yet for festivals to happen early June.

I think the scientific consensus is that for full herd immunity to take place - 60-65% people will need to be vaccinated - so we would be on our way for that. Also, it's important to keep an eye on the US, they have promised to vaccinate 100 million in 100 days after Biden gets elected. So maybe something for Europe to learn from...

1 minute ago, whos3000 said:

How do you interpret kendrick missing from both rotskilde and bbk (glastonbury possibly)? 

I still think he'll be at Glastonbury. It's odd that he's missing from Roskilde when they made an announcement recently but BBK announced their lineup ages ago didn't they? I think the general thinking is that Kendrick hadn't decided whether to tour next summer yet at that point. He is playing a few other festivals around that time so I reckon he'll be back for both Roskilde and BBK.

Situation is improving in Spain. Only 9,773 cases in latest figures.

"Spain’s rate of confirmed coronavirus cases reach lowest level since August. Spain’s rate of confirmed coronavirus cases fell to 193 cases per 100,000 people on Wednesday to reach the lowest level recorded since August, health ministry data showed, Reuters reports. The ministry reported 9,773 infections since Monday".

I feel Spain is much better placed than bigger countries like the US to get on top of this now, though I'm sure there'll be some pain in January as everywhere. 

Maskwearing remains at near 100%, compliance is helped by memories of just how painful it was back in March/April. And the favourable climate makes it so much easier to allow more businesses to open, as ventilation is easier.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I still think he'll be at Glastonbury. It's odd that he's missing from Roskilde when they made an announcement recently but BBK announced their lineup ages ago didn't they? I think the general thinking is that Kendrick hadn't decided whether to tour next summer yet at that point. He is playing a few other festivals around that time so I reckon he'll be back for both Roskilde and BBK.

Glastonbury was also moving on without Kendrick. So I’m curious how this will work out.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, jannybruck said:

There are always literally thousands of weekend tickets knocking around in the weeks/months leading up to it, even on sold out years. Absolutely nothing to panic about. Keep an eye on decent resale sites and join the DICE waiting list too.

I really needed to hear this, thanks. Was staring to panic 

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

Hamilton Leithauser just cancelled his European tour - wasn’t down for PS, but it was due to happen over exactly the same period, and of course he would’ve been coming from the US for it.
Hopefully not the first of many American acts to shelve UK/euro 2021 dates 

I suspect a trickle will become a flood.

A tonne of European acts who’ll be more up for trying for a payday though. 

31 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Revollo ha considerado este domingo que es "prematuro" plantear esta estrategia para otros eventos, como el Mobile World Congress y el Primavera Sound. 

I guess you don't need translation.

Not only too soon to judge but also simply, as the scientific experiment didn't recreate many of the conditions of the festival, given a) maskwearing b) indoors nature and c) small scale.

Could be useful in time for go ahead for similar indoor gigs though.