Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

2 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Not convinced about this. I think that 50% of the people at the very least has been drawn in by strokes+Tyler+bad bunny+ tame impala. You can replace bad bunny with rosalia, ok, but the others are pretty much non replacable imo. They will pospone to august and eventually they will call it off

There are no bands equivalent status to Strokes, Tyler and Tame Impala in the whole of Europe???

If you could cherry pick, you could put on a festival just with acts from England, let alone Europe, and it would still sell well.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

And what about Celine Dion instead of Beck? Please...

You are mixing apples and oranges, what has Celine in common with Beck except they are both solo acts?

But you can't say the same for Foals and The Strokes, they are coming from the same genere and may ppl listen to both of the bands, so I don't see a huge deal here. I'm not talking about the quality here cuz you are trying to find an equal European replacement who are on tour in the next year and Foals are one of them. Sure Arctic Monkeys are better replacement, but we don't know nothing except Helders is now solo in the studio which could posssible mean that the new album will be out the next years and possibly the tour.

Maybe you can put The 1975 instead or Liam Gallagher according to the size of an act? I know that The Strokes are good selling act but hey they are mostly playing first three albums so you can find a replacement even with the Libertines maybe? 

For a couple of months honestly I can't see US bands in Europe as well as Kevin Parker escaping Australian lockdown, so the only solution is to find the proper European one. Even Kevin Parker pushed back the tour for August, so not very likely in Europe at that time.

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

There are no bands equivalent status to Strokes, Tyler and Tame Impala in the whole of Europe???

If you could cherry pick, you could put on a festival just with acts from England, let alone Europe, and it would still sell well.

Agree. 

Pavement is the only irreplaceable act within the lineup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bram said:

Foals played passionate set with a lot of good energy back in PS2014, while Strokes performed poorly in PS2015 (probably one of , if not, the worst performance I've seen in Primavera Sound).

The Voidz and Albert performed at the same PS and it's well known that at that time all members were more focused on their side projects. 

Now the situation within the bend is better, but again they had poor performance in Ohana last year, so it depends again on their mood.

As much as I love the Strokes, wouldn't consider them irreplaceable today.

51 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Let me start it off for y'all...

Blur - Daft Punk - Thom Yorke - The Cure
Sigur Rose - Stone Roses - Modest Mouse - Neu! (sort of reunion) New Order - Robyn
Belle And Sebastian - Zeal & Ardor - Lykke Li - Shame - dEUS - The Notwist

Modest Mouse are Americans and Shame are already playing; there are indeed a tonne of good EU acts though.

Edited by xxialac

2 hours ago, riseupandkill said:

just had my "would you still like to upgrade your ticket to VIP?" email... the wheels are still turning it seems.

(although of course, that doesn't guarantee a june fest)

speaking of tickets - guys who have a ticket from Dice - was your ticket replaced by a ticket to next year? I still see my ticket to PS in August 2020

On 10/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, Guy Incognito said:

They're crap. 

Agree

5 hours ago, Boss89 said:

Sigur Rose - Stone Roses - Modest Mouse - Neu! (sort of reunion) New Order - Robyn

Daft punk don't play live, I don't see blur touring since damon albarn will be busy with gorillaz, the cure would great even if maybe too much of a nostalgia act... None of the others can replace the hip hop big headliner slot and I am afraid no act in europe can replace it. The biggest would be skepta (already played in 2018, no increase in popularity since then) or stormzy (lower quality imo). And the big hip hop slot does sell tickets. 

New order would be good but not anymore a huge headliner as strokes can be

Edited by whos3000

13 hours ago, Boss89 said:

Off Monsters and Men instead of Modest Mouse

Good List, but some of the acts on list are LA based (Lykke Li)

Edited by Festcrazy

Also don't mind to have some of the Asian finest if things go south with the American act. Chai and Shonen Knife were so much fun last year.

Cornelius, Boris, Mono, Mouse on the Keys, Toe, Swiimers to name a few.......or Pizzicato Five & Yellow Magic Orchestra reunion (my personal bucketlist Lol). 

14 hours ago, Bram said:

Also don't mind to have some of the Asian finest if things go south with the American act. Chai and Shonen Knife were so much fun last year.

Cornelius, Boris, Mono, Mouse on the Keys, Toe, Swiimers to name a few.......or Pizzicato Five & Yellow Magic Orchestra reunion (my personal bucketlist Lol). 

Nice option. I would also love Jambinai from South Korea!

On 10/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, Hip Priest said:

Primavera are collaborating with a show at the Apolo this month which is a trial run for future events.

1,000 attendees, obligatory use of masks and gel but no social distancing. Pre-gig covid test and follow-up tests afterwards.

https://www.mondosonoro.com/noticias-actualidad-musical/sala-apolo-antigenos/

https://www.lavanguardia.com/cultura/20201004/483848891872/sala-apolo-concierto-piloto-mil-asistentes-test-rapido-antigenos-coronavirus-covid19.html

This has been postponed.

The respected head of the Wellcome Trust and UK SAGE scientist this morning is saying Q1 2021 very likely for vaccine:

"People see vaccines as a magic bullet. Even when we have vaccines we will need good testing and treatments. There will always be people who don't respond to the vaccine or not receive it.
The vaccines and the treatments I believe are coming within 3 to 6 months… you’re then changing the fundamentals of this infection."