Primavera Sound 2021

chilirocker

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I was thinking the same. And also: I don't live in Spain, I bought a ticket, booked two flights and a room to come to the Festival. What will happen to me if my test is positive? I'm really curious.

I don’t think that’s a difficult one to answer, is it?

No amount of having travelled to a festival should override a desire not to give contagious and deadly and contagious disease to your fellow human surely? Miss a festival or avoid being responsible for the death of  someone’s mum...

52 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I've also been thinking about this solution, but what do you do when people have positive tests, after they were probably in a long and crowded line before being tested?

They’ll have social distanced and be wearing masks in the queue plus it’s outdoors. There’s loads of space outside the Forum. Could also stagger entry times or incentivise some people to come early. 

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They’ll have social distanced and be wearing masks in the queue plus it’s outdoors. There’s loads of space outside the Forum. Could also stagger entry times or incentivise some people to come early. 

Imagine for General Tickets you had to pre book what acts you wanted to see, via a lottery system, where VIP passes had first choice. 

The day would be extended so as to spread acts over a longer period. 

Interesting to see how social distancing will be enforced if it is still a thing next year for outdoor events.

32 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don’t think that’s a difficult one to answer, is it?

No amount of having travelled to a festival should override a desire not to give contagious and deadly and contagious disease to your fellow human surely? Miss a festival or avoid being responsible for the death of  someone’s mum...

Sorry for my bad english but I wasn't talking about money or will to attend to the festival (or at least not only). I'm really curious of what would happen to someone coming from abroad, whose test resulted positive and to all the people around him. Anyway, it's too early to talk about that, they'll let us know every protocol when it will become reality.

Edited by gigi21

I think the most sensible thing to do would be to set up a dozen testing sites around the city. This prevents people congregating outside the festival waiting for their results. As long as the sites are open from, say, 9am onwards you can get your daily test done whenever you like before making your way to the festival (although there would be an argument to be had that testing immediately before entering the festival would be safer) and then turn up on site as usual.

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Sorry for my bad english but I wasn't talking about money or will to attend to the festival (or at least not only). I'm really curious of what would happen to someone coming from abroad, whose test resulted positive and to all the people around him. Anyway, it's too early to talk about that, they'll let us know every protocol when it will become reality.

The answer is simple. If you test positive, you won’t be allowed in and will be refunded. 

There are always risks that you might not be able to attend at the last minute (illness, injury etc). This is just an extra one. 

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The answer is simple. If you test positive, you won’t be allowed in and will be refunded. 

There are always risks that you might not be able to attend at the last minute (illness, injury etc). This is just an extra one. 

It really is that simple. Sure it would suck if that happened to me, but I really couldn't complain about it being unfair. 

The real problems in this scenario are false positives and false negatives. We'll see where the reliability of the tests will be next summer. 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Sure, I was already ok with that. But I was thinking about what could happen then (not related to the Festival, it's a little OT). Should I stay isolated, quarantined and under control somewhere in Barcelona? How long? Or will I be sended back to Italy on a special flight? And what about all the people I've been travelling and staying with? Contagion is really easy...

Sorry for the OT, I simply realized for the first time that, even with instant tests, masks, distancing and all the rest, going abroad for a festival in 2021 could be a russian roulette. Let's wait and hope for better news.

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Sure, I was already ok with that. But I was thinking about what could happen then (not related to the Festival, it's a little OT). Should I stay isolated, quarantined and under control somewhere in Barcelona? How long? Or will I be sended back to Italy on a special flight? And what about all the people I've been travelling and staying with? Contagion is really easy...

Sorry for the OT, I simply realized for the first time that, even with instant tests, masks, distancing and all the rest, going abroad for a festival in 2021 could be a russian roulette. Let's wait and hope for better news.

Sorry for sounding confrontational.

What we do know is that avoiding infection is in our control to a large extent. 

I imagine if you are very careful with social distancing, washing hands and wearing a mask in the week or two before you get tested, you will be fine. Self quarantine is probably too extreme a measure for the extra benefit. I’ve been on 10 flights this summer and haven’t felt it’s as risky as other activities, as everyone wears a mask. There’s also the possibility that the R rate is very low next June. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I think the most sensible thing to do would be to set up a dozen testing sites around the city. This prevents people congregating outside the festival waiting for their results. As long as the sites are open from, say, 9am onwards you can get your daily test done whenever you like before making your way to the festival (although there would be an argument to be had that testing immediately before entering the festival would be safer) and then turn up on site as usual.

I like you’re thinking. There’s a vacancy assisting Matt Hancock and Dildo Harding, fancy it ?

• Like 1

C'mon, forget the refunds. If you get to any festival and your test is positive, yo go back home. T&C will eventually change so a positive result breaks the contract as in punching someone/breaking in/ and the entrance won't be allowed. Here, at Reading, at Werchter and every other festival you can think of.

Solution? Extreme precautions the week before, wear mask almost 24h a day before and during the fest and pray. Basically what we all should be doing right now.

2 hours ago, Nesser said:

C'mon, forget the refunds. If you get to any festival and your test is positive, yo go back home. T&C will eventually change so a positive result breaks the contract as in punching someone/breaking in/ and the entrance won't be allowed. Here, at Reading, at Werchter and every other festival you can think of.

Solution? Extreme precautions the week before, wear mask almost 24h a day before and during the fest and pray. Basically what we all should be doing right now.

Refunding fewer than 1% of attendees that test positive the week of the festival is a drop in the ocean compared the total budget for the festival. 

Of course they’ll give a refund. To compare it to punching someone is silly. 

Belgium and Portuguese festivals are refunding 2020 tickets once the 2021 festival is ended and that's a good example of how cautious they are being because of their finantial situation. Festivals won't refund money because Terms and Conditions will change before next year's season and you (and I and everyone) will accept this revision in which we'll agree that a positive means no refund, plain and simple. 

I mean, they're not even paying for the 65k x 3 days=195k tests that would be needed for a test at the door strategy, much less giving a full refund if they can change something in the ticket contract to prevent so.

Edited by Nesser

2 hours ago, Nesser said:

Belgium and Portuguese festivals are refunding 2020 tickets once the 2021 festival is ended and that's a good example of how cautious they are being because of their finantial situation. Festivals won't refund money because Terms and Conditions will change before next year's season and you (and I and everyone) will accept this revision in which we'll agree that a positive means no refund, plain and simple. 

I mean, they're not even paying for the 65k x 3 days=195k tests that would be needed for a test at the door strategy, much less giving a full refund if they can change something in the ticket contract to prevent so.

We will just have to to disagree on this. 

It’s a tiny percentage of people who will happen to have coronavirus the exact same week as primavera. And if they are smart they can always oversell the tickets the way the airlines do to account for this.

Primavera 2021 has already sold out under the existing ts and cs. You can’t change a contract unilaterally and retrospectively. That’s the whole point of a contract. 

Your first argument is a different one which speaks to the timing of refunds. I agree and imagine there will be forms to fill in and perhaps a long wait - but on the other hand I’m confident people will get refunded as long as the festival is solvent.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera 2021 has already sold out under the existing ts and cs. You can’t change a contract unilaterally and retrospectively. That’s the whole point of a contract. 

We will have to wait, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm also very confident we will see several T&C changing over the course of the year and during 2021 'to adapt the existint contracts to the impending reality we are facing'. 

5 hours ago, Andrej said:

As times goes by and nothing changes anywhere, really hard to image 55,000 people gathering in Barcelona end of next spring, and all of the bands from all over the world touring regularly and moving around without problems. Just seems so soon...

As @xxialac pointed out, there's longer to go until next year's festival than the virus has even been in Europe properly. Try not to stress about it, there's multiple options the festival can consider, as we've been talking about over the past few pages.

If neither testing or vaccine have improved by late winter then yeah, maybe we can be filled with doom about it, but otherwise it's far too early to call anything.

• Like 3

If you use UK as a proxy and assumed that the festival happening now (this feels very conservative as by June things should be better with vaccine, level of immunity in population and better weather), based on the figures from the scientists as to infection rates:

- c.67 people would test positive on arrival

- This would 'cost' the festival about €15k in refunded tickets

- The budget for the festival is about €15,000,000

So would be 0.10% (a tenth of one percent) of the budget

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

If you use UK as a proxy and assumed that the festival happening now (this feels very conservative as by June things should be better with vaccine, level of immunity in population and better weather), based on the figures from the scientists as to infection rates:

- c.67 people would test positive on arrival

- This would 'cost' the festival about €15k in refunded tickets

- The budget for the festival is about €15,000,000

So would be 0.10% (a tenth of one percent) of the budget

Assuming that 100% of ticketholders would go ahead with their planning and would travel to Barcelona.

Assuming that 2021 budget is even closer to previous years (tip: look at the line up)

Assuming that their only downsize on income is the ppl rejected at the entrance and (some of the) sponsors will not back out if the situation is somewhat similar to now.

I insist: I'm the first one with his mind already at the Forum for next year but stating that, with the current numbers, Primavera would lose just 15k € is plain and simple delusional.